Comparison pics: G26 grip length vs G19

This is a discussion on Comparison pics: G26 grip length vs G19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently found a very lightly used factory 12 round G26 mag for a good price so I picked it up. Decided to throw a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Comparison pics: G26 grip length vs G19

I recently found a very lightly used factory 12 round G26 mag for a good price so I picked it up. Decided to throw a few pictures together showing the difference in grip length of a G26 when using the flush fit 10 round or the factory extended 12 round magazine. Included a G19 with standard 15 round magazine as something to compare it to. I thought these pictures may be helpful to people in some way or another.

I basically have shirts that fit two ways. Polo's and button ups that are a little looser or "square" cut and tighter more "fitted" t-shirts. I can carry a G19 easily under the Polo's/buttons ups but it prints too much with the t-shirts. I purchased the G26 to carry mostly during the summer so I could wear my t-shirts again but not have to downsize guns to a pocket .380. The G26 with flush fit magazine filled that role perfectly. I have been able to carry it under t-shirts with ease. So basically I have "G19 clothes" and "G26 clothes."

I've not seen much of a need for the 12 round mags but decided to give them a fair shake. Adding 2 rounds to the capacity of a small pistol was worth trying if I could still wear my "G26 clothes."

I've come to a couple of conclusions about the way a G26 with 12 round mag carries. It feels closer to carrying a G19 than a G26 with standard magazine. It doesn't print quite as much as the G19 but does print more than the G26 with flush mag. The main difference between the G19 and G26 with extended mag is that the G26 prints a tad bit less when bending due to the "bobtail" effect.

Either way, it prints too much for some of my t-shirts now so I am back to picking out looser more square cut shirts to conceal it properly. That means I'm back to wearing the shirts that I can easily conceal a G19 under.....which brings me around full circle and has me leaving the G26 at home and carrying the G19 since I'm back to wearing my "G19 clothes." The G19 holds 3 more rounds and a longer sight radius so I might as well carry it if I'm wearing the clothes to do so.

Maximum concealment is what I need the G26 for. I don't have much use for 12 round mags as they defeat the purpose of the G26 for me. For all practical reasons I can carry a G19 if I am dressed to carry a G26 with 12 round mag. I'm sure many will disagree with me. Remember, these are just my observations based on carrying a Glock 19 year round until I got a G26 for summer carry last year.
    Remy, smolck, dls and 6 others like this.

So will you no longer carry the 26 during the warmer months, or is it just with the flush mag?

Thanks for the pictures, very helpful.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    Maximum concealment is what I need the G26 for. I don't have much use for 12 round mags as they defeat the purpose of the G26 for me. For all practical reasons I can carry a G19 if I am dressed to carry a G26 with 12 round mag. I'm sure many will disagree with me.
    Right on the money, that's exactly how I handle my G27 and G23.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    So will you no longer carry the 26 during the warmer months, or is it just with the flush mag?

Thanks for the pictures, very helpful.
    I will absolutely continue to carry the G26 during the summer, just with the flush mag.
    ironmike86 likes this.

These pictures again illustrate why the G19 is one of the best carry pistols ever made.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    These pics illustrate why a G26/27 with a flush-fit magazine are far superior for concealed carry.
    I hide my G26 under just an untucked tee shirt, with ease.

I recently found a very lightly used factory 12 round G26 mag for a good price so I picked it up. Decided to throw a few pictures together showing the difference in grip length of a G26 when using the flush fit 10 round or the factory extended 12 round magazine. Included a G19 with standard 15 round magazine as something to compare it to. I thought these pictures may be helpful to people in some way or another.

I basically have shirts that fit two ways. Polo's and button ups that are a little looser or "square" cut and tighter more "fitted" t-shirts. I can carry a G19 easily under the Polo's/buttons ups but it prints too much with the t-shirts. I purchased the G26 to carry mostly during the summer so I could wear my t-shirts again but not have to downsize guns to a pocket .380. The G26 with flush fit magazine filled that role perfectly. I have been able to carry it under t-shirts with ease. So basically I have "G19 clothes" and "G26 clothes."

I've not seen much of a need for the 12 round mags but decided to give them a fair shake. Adding 2 rounds to the capacity of a small pistol was worth trying if I could still wear my "G26 clothes."

I've come to a couple of conclusions about the way a G26 with 12 round mag carries. It feels closer to carrying a G19 than a G26 with standard magazine. It doesn't print quite as much as the G19 but does print more than the G26 with flush mag. The main difference between the G19 and G26 with extended mag is that the G26 prints a tad bit less when bending due to the "bobtail" effect.

Either way, it prints too much for some of my t-shirts now so I am back to picking out looser more square cut shirts to conceal it properly. That means I'm back to wearing the shirts that I can easily conceal a G19 under.....which brings me around full circle and has me leaving the G26 at home and carrying the G19 since I'm back to wearing my "G19 clothes." The G19 holds 3 more rounds and a longer sight radius so I might as well carry it if I'm wearing the clothes to do so.

Maximum concealment is what I need the G26 for. I don't have much use for 12 round mags as they defeat the purpose of the G26 for me. For all practical reasons I can carry a G19 if I am dressed to carry a G26 with 12 round mag. I'm sure many will disagree with me. Remember, these are just my observations based on carrying a Glock 19 year round until I got a G26 for summer carry last year.
    Exactly what I have said all along. If you carry a G26 with the pinky extenders why not just carry a 19? Great pair BTW!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Thanks sparky for the pics and the write-up. The pics will be saved to my computer and the write-up answered perfectly questions I had regarding these 2 guns and the grip lengths.

New Member Array HandgunReviews's Avatar
    Thanks for the pics! Interesting how close they are in size, I had never honestly compared the 2 that close!
    Sister likes this.

I think I could Appendix carry a G19 fairly well. I carry a Ruger SR40C and have carried it with the full sized 15round magazine (with the extended base adapter on it).
    I also use the 3Speed Holster system. So if needed I could shift the entire rig into a deep conceal, into my crotch area. 20130607_121837c.jpg

Don't you just love the way those Glocks stand up so nice and straight?
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Glad the pictures were useful to some of you.

Please keep in mind that I wasn't saying the 12 round mag is absolutely useless. It's just kind of pointless for me since I have a G19 too. The sizes are close enough that I'd prefer the extra 3 rounds of the G19, longer barrel, longer sight radius, and rail. I prefer my G26 as small as possible as that is what I got it for.

If your primary carry is a G26 and you want to carry with a 12 round mag from time to time for the extra capacity that's great. If you carry a G26 with extended mag ALL the time and NEVER carry the flush fit, you really aren't gaining much for the added size when compared to just carrying a G19 instead. Of course, as they say, you can make a G26 bigger (capacity wise) but you can't make a G19 smaller (minus grip chop).

I just wanted to put the pictures out there for people trying to decide between the two or just curious as to what the actual size difference is.

That's why I carry a 10 round in the pistol and a 12 round in my pocket.
    squid86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelyfun101 View Post
    These pics illustrate why a G26/27 with a flush-fit magazine are far superior for concealed carry.
    I hide my G26 under just an untucked tee shirt, with ease.
    Funny...I carry my G19 with an untucked tee shirt with ease too.

Not really sure what you're trying to say by making that comment about the G26 compared to the G19 though.

As for the "far superior concealment" og the G26/27comment...YMMV.

How much for the G26 12 round mags? Its all I carry in my G26.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links