Sig p250?

This is a discussion on Sig p250? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm giving some thought to trading my Glock 26 that I never use, for something else. I have an offer on the table for a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sig p250?

Sig p250?

I'm giving some thought to trading my Glock 26 that I never use, for something else. I have an offer on the table for a Sig p250 in 9mm. Any thoughts? I would love to have a full size 9mm, but don't have any experience with sigs or this model. Thanks for the input.

2. Remove Ads

Arguably the best DAO trigger on a production gun made today. Sig has had several new models in the past 10 years that have been a disaster. The P250 is not one of them. I have the gun in 9mm and I like it very much. There were some production quality issues when the gun first came out but those were corrected long ago. Today's P250 (full, compact or sub-compact) are very solid guns. Mags are hard to get and are expensive.
    Dnbailey, NH_Esau and pat701 like this.

Sigs are rock solid pistols. I have one that I have zero complaints with, and its up for sale.

I like Glock 19s, and M&P Compact 9s. I dont like having different weapons platforms. Ie external hammer, no external hammer, double action, or not.

Should I have to grab a pistol at crunch time, I dont want to have to think about which one I have, and how it works.

That being said, Sigs are fine weapons.
    pat701 and Dnbailey like this.

I wouldnt do it, but YMMV. Is their a reason you would use the sig that keeps you from using the glock? Or would the sig just collect dust as well? I think long term the glock is the better investment, even if you dont use it. If you want to get rid of it, you should trade it for something you will use, or maybe a new range toy...
    Dnbailey likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

If you need to dump the Glock fast, and are willing to take a reasonable price, I could make an offer on it.
    Dnbailey likes this.

My edc is a P250 compact. Love the trigger but it's a long long pull and some folks just can't get used to it. Have roughly 2000 rounds in it and zero problems. Mags are a bit hard to find but Academy sports here in Texas usually has them in stock for around 40 bucks. Mine came with a plastic guide rod, called Sig and asked for the steel one and they sent me the new rod and spring free of charge. The only complain I used to hear about is the pistol shooting low, seems a production run had the incorrect sights from the factory. This was the only problem with mine, again called Sig they sent me a fed ex label and 10 days later I had my P250 back with the correct rear sight installed. Free of charge. Sig customer service is awesome!!! Customer for life. Many people consider the P250 and 2022 sigs "entry" level guns and price wise this is true but I consider them comparable to the Glocks, M&P and Ruger polymers. I say go for it. Oh and once you "master" the trigger pull take your Glock friends to the range and watch them complain how "inaccurate" your gun is then punch a few center rings with your gun and theirs.
    Dnbailey likes this.

A buddy of mine has the P-250 subcompact and compact. He loves both. I've had a chance to shoot it and agree that the trigger is really nice. Long pull but very smooth. Was very accurate also. The ability to switch frame sizes is an added plus. Certainly a nice gun overall. That being said, when I purchase my next gun it is going to be a G26 or 19.
    Dnbailey likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Is their a reason you would use the sig that keeps you from using the glock?
    I love the Glock, but it just sits in my safe. I end up carrying my 23 all the time. I would love to have a full size range gun to play around with and probably carry in the winter and fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    If you need to dump the Glock fast, and are willing to take a reasonable price, I could make an offer on it.
    Thank you, but I'm not really interested in selling. Just looking to trade.

My EDC has been of recent the Sig P250. It just keeps growing on me. Mine is the subcompact but it is so easy to make the thing the size/caliber you want, as long as you can live with DAO its a good pistol.
    *To touch on the mags- yes they are $40 but available everywhere- even amazon stocks them.
    Sorry- just the one pic of this one.

In no uncertain terms would I ever think of trading a G26 for SIG P250. Hell...........SIG doesn't even think it's a good gun. It is not a well thought of handgun, especially in my neck of the woods. I see guys trying to sell or trade P250s and they can never get rid of them or have to sell them really low.

In 2011 the Federal Air Marshals took all of their SIG P250s out of service and went with another gun because of problems. ATF, Dutch Police, German Police all had problems with them. Info from shooters who know and be an informed consumer: Caleb reviews the Sig P250

OP, if you want a Duty size/full size 9mm then offer to trade the G26 for a G17.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

The Gen 2 P250 is a better gun than any Gen of Glock. It has a MUCH better trigger, much better ergonomics, more versatile, and yes....it is more reliable than Gen 4 Glocks. It's also a much better looking gun if that matters to you. The Gen 1 P250's did indeed have birthing problems and seriously impacted the gun's reputation. That's a shame, for the Gen 2 P250 is the best production DAO made. If that's the trigger action you want, getting the Gen 2 P250 over any Glock is a no-brainer.

I can post at least 10 reviews telling you why Glocks should be avoided and why the P250 is the best DAO on the market. But....what really matters is how either would work for you. I'd find somewhere that you can try both and decide for yourself. It will be an easy choice when you can see and hold the guns at the same time.

My EDC is a P250sc 9mm, It's an accurate, reliable, easy to clean gun. It'll probably outlast me as my carry gun.

Buy it if you like DAO's.

I like glocks but choose the p250 because I felt DAO is inherently safer. They are both great guns, you can't go wrong with either.
    Dnbailey and warbirds like this.

Don't go by me because I'm kind of bias since I own several Sig 250s. I also carry a subcompact when dress permits. I have fired over 3000 rounds combined through these guns and never had a miss of any kind. But I must say, the trigger system is not for everyone. In fact, I'm pretty certain the long trigger pull is the subject of all the hate.
    Since I started life as a competition revolver shooter, I find the Sig trigger to be far better than even my custom S&W revolver's trigger.
    Dnbailey and warbirds like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Arguably the best DAO trigger on a production gun made today. Sig has had several new models in the past 10 years that have been a disaster. The P250 is not one of them. I have the gun in 9mm and I like it very much. There were some production quality issues when the gun first came out but those were corrected long ago. Today's P250 (full, compact or sub-compact) are very solid guns. Mags are hard to get and are expensive.
    Agree 100%
    Dnbailey likes this.

I have a Sig P250c 9mm with over 3000 rounds through it with no problem. It is one of my main carry pistol. Best DAO trigger on the market. I have three other brands but the P250 is my favorite.
    Dnbailey likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links