Sell my Sig P250 and Taurus .380 for a Sig P938?

This is a discussion on Sell my Sig P250 and Taurus .380 for a Sig P938? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering selling my P250 and Taurus 380 to a local shop for $500 and putting that towards a Sig P938. I carry the Taurus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sell my Sig P250 and Taurus .380 for a Sig P938?

Sell my Sig P250 and Taurus .380 for a Sig P938?

I'm considering selling my P250 and Taurus 380 to a local shop for $500 and putting that towards a Sig P938. I carry the Taurus in my pocket right now, but also carry the P250 on trips for "hotel room" defense. My Taurus really scares me reliability wise as it is VERY picky on ammo, and the P250 is just too wide to really sit comfortable on my side (maybe I don't have the right holster).

Would you guys make this trade? I know the P250 wouldn't be that difficult to carry, but the P938 honestly fit great in my pocket as well.

2. Remove Ads

You should sell them seperately, and privately (if legal) instead of trade them in. You would get (close to) $400 alone on the P250.

You didnt say what model Taurus but it shouldnt be hard to get betweeb $550-600 for those two guns sold individually.

Trading a gun into a dealer is no different than trading a car. The house makes money both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    You should sell them seperately, and privately (if legal) instead of trade them in. You would get (close to) $400 alone on the P250.

You didnt say what model Taurus but it shouldnt be hard to get betweeb $550-600 for those two guns sold individually.

Trading a gun into a dealer is no different than trading a car. The house makes money both ways.

Thanks! I paid $429 for the Sig and $199 for the Taurus at Academy Sports. Considering I only have $630 in them, I figured $500 was an ok deal. But, I understand what you are saying and I might could get my money out of them if I tried hard enough.

I guess I am a titewad- If you are good with the deal go ahead and go for it.

The Sig won't disappoint.

While i generally don't recommend trading in a gun (because you usually end up getting screwed) - 500 for the pair isn't that bad of a deal. If you were to sell them to a 3rd party in my area you could probably get 175-200 for the Taurus and 350-4 for the sig.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

What you didn't say was the price your local guy was charging for the 938. If he's charging list (which is somewhere above $800) then I wouldn't consider it a good deal.

I just bought a 938 on Gunbroker for $615 shipped. Add $25 for transfer totaled out @ $640 with 2 magazines. Don't forget that mags for this little honey are $50 a piece. My model also has the TruGlo fiber optic front sight which is great night and day.

If you sell your guns on your own and check for a deal on the 938, you could come out with a low cash outlay. But, you will have to decde.

Administrator
    Sell the Taurus and buy a good holster/belt combo for the 250. Then save your pennies and get the subcompact frame.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You always come out worse selling to a GS, but if selling soon means you have a gun you can carry then its a good trade in the end.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    What you didn't say was the price your local guy was charging for the 938. If he's charging list (which is somewhere above $800) then I wouldn't consider it a good deal.

I just bought a 938 on Gunbroker for $615 shipped. Add $25 for transfer totaled out @ $640 with 2 magazines. Don't forget that mags for this little honey are $50 a piece. My model also has the TruGlo fiber optic front sight which is great night and day.

If you sell your guns on your own and check for a deal on the 938, you could come out with a low cash outlay. But, you will have to decde.
    The 938 is $689 new for the Stainless steel slide and black wood grips. I'm going to take the pair to the shop tomorrow and get a firm trade in offer. I will still have my Taurus PT92 as my home defense weapon.

Get it, you'll love it. I sauntered in front of the LGS counter one day hoping to see a 938 and there she was, $539 for a P938 with BRG, stainless slide and the laser. She went home with me ten minutes later.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

I highly recommend the 938 Equinox. It is an incredible pocket gun. I have about 600 rounds down the tube in mine and it gets better as we go.

Which P250 is it? I carry both the 9sc and .45fs with a White Hat IWB/belt combo no problem. I too would love a 938, but I'm not giving up the flexibility of the 250 to get it.

I agree I would sell the Taurus and invest in a holster and belt to fit your needs with the 250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by gitaryzt1985 View Post
    The 938 is $689 new for the Stainless steel slide and black wood grips. I'm going to take the pair to the shop tomorrow and get a firm trade in offer. I will still have my Taurus PT92 as my home defense weapon.
    That's really not a bad trade. I would probably do that. Remember, trading in a gun is like trading a car you only pay tax on the difference between your trade and the new gun. Good luck, I love my 938!

Done deal! Thanks guys!

I'm the proud new owner of a Sig P938 Nightmare. The shop dealt it for $675 w/ 2 mags and $500 for my P250 and Taurus .380. My pocket holster works with the P938, so I will have time to look around for leather pocket holster and belt holster. I'm really sort of amazed how little difference in size there was between the P938 and the Taurus, and the Sig fits in my pocket very nicely. I wasn't originally looking at the Nightmare, but it came with the extended 7 rd mag so that sweetened the deal.

938_Nightmare-Detail-Hero.jpg

Sweet piece! Glad you are happy with the deal you got. That's the bast part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links