XDS 9mm

This is a discussion on XDS 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just checked one out today at the lgs. Really nice,small, single stack mag, and comes with alot of goodies. Anyone shoot one yet? Feedback?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: XDS 9mm

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

XDS 9mm

Just checked one out today at the lgs. Really nice,small, single stack mag, and comes with alot of goodies. Anyone shoot one yet? Feedback?

2. Remove Ads

I have shot a few different XD-S 45s. I like the feel of the gun, but the 45 was not particularly pleasant to shoot. I think I would like the 9mm better.

Just a heads up...
    Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S SAFETY RECALL

Of all the polymer pistols SA makes, the most problematic is their XDS line. In short, pass.

Get a Shield if your looking for a small single stack 9mm. I recently got one and I'm very impressed with it. Now I understand all the hype behind it. I added a Lasermax Centerfire Laser to it. The Shield is becoming more readily available now I've seen them popping up all over the place.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Get a Shield if your looking for a small single stack 9mm. I recently got one and I'm very impressed with it. Now I understand all the hype behind it. I added a Lasermax Centerfire Laser to it. The Shield is becoming more readily available now I've seen them popping up all over the place.
    This. I chose one last week over the XD-S. I put ~75rds through it yesterday. Performed flawlessly and shot a lot bigger than it is.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    that unsightly warning on the slide alone is enough for me to pass on the gun,
    lnferno likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    that unsightly warning on the slide alone is enough for me to pass on the gun,
    Haha...I felt the same way about the pop up chamber indicator of the XD-S. Different strokes...

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    Haha...I felt the same way about the pop up chamber indicator of the XD-S. Different strokes...
    i wasn't too happy to find "WARNING read user manual" on the bottom of the trigger guard of my Hk but at least it wasn't a full blown sentence on the slide.

the indicator on the XDs is redundant since it already has an external extractor that can be felt and seen when the chamber is occupied.

if you try to make something idiot proof someone will make a better idiot.
    Last edited by technomonster; August 29th, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    357and40 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

IMHO- to heavy with no more capacity than the competition and not pocketable. Skip

And don't forget the recall.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

A good friend and a VERY experienced shooter picked one up a couple weeks ago. He loves it, trigger is a bit heavy but will smooth up.

He is slightly biased. It's all about an XD/XDm. All others are, well, OK.

He has dedicated himself to the platform and will master it. Hasn't had any problems so far through about 350 rounds.

Main advantage over the Shield seems to be availability.

Yeah, when I was out looking for a CCW theirs was no shield nowhere but I came up on a XDs and bought it, since I bought it I have put 1100+ rds through it and no problem, I just sent my in today so it's all good.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Of all the polymer pistols SA makes, the most problematic is their XDS line. In short, pass.
    Springfield doesn't make any of the XD line of firearms. They are imported from Croatia.

They were formerly known as the HS 2000. I didn't sell a lot of them. As soon as SA slapped their name on it and started importing them they took off.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    Springfield doesn't make any of the XD line of firearms. They are imported from Croatia.

They were formerly known as the HS 2000. I didn't sell a lot of them. As soon as SA slapped their name on it and started importing them they took off.
    I knew that. I used to own three of them and knew they were imports (just in case the big stamped "made in Croatia" isn't enough). I'm judging them on the merits of the guns themselves which I think are substandard to Glocks and M&P's. Yet they cost more and perform less.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I've never cared for them either. I've never owned one and never plan on it.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Alright Chris... I gotta bust your ballz on this one a little. First you prob have a duty to inform that you are an admitted Glock fanboy and second, because SA has so few problems is the only reason your statement is true.

Oh... the above is the opinion of a SA fanboy!

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    DetChris, lnferno and 357and40 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links