Best True "Pocket 9" ? Face-Off!

This is a discussion on Best True "Pocket 9" ? Face-Off! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Time and time again it has been done, and the only real way for me to figure it out is to hold them all and ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Best True "Pocket 9" ? Face-Off!

Time and time again it has been done, and the only real way for me to figure it out is to hold them all and try pocketing them or IWB in a tiny holster...

I would like your opinions (owners, enthusiasts, trolls, etc) on the best true Pocket 9mm.

I want to stay under $400, preferably under $300 which narrows it down alot, and lightweights score high in my book. Or... Am I delusional and would a .380auto (smaller 9x19 parabellum) provide me the same amount of expansion + penetration as a 9x19 out of a 3" barrel?

Choices include:

pistol.png

What/Who am I missing? How about the Sccy CPX1 9mm?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but 6 out of the 9 examples listed in the chart are over $400

The only true pocket 9 mm pistols are the Diamondback DB9, Boberg XR9s, and Rohrbaugh R9.

Do yourself a huge favor, and get a .380 if you want small light and flat. If you can go a bit larger and heavier, get a light weight snub revolver. While some of the 9's are smallish, they are heavier than light weight snubbies, and can be finicky in operation.

BTDT.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by natey57 View Post
    I'm not sure if you are aware, but 6 out of the 9 examples listed in the chart are over $400
    Yes, those are original MSRP's though. Ie: Kahr CW9 $459, can get them for under $300 right now.

I have a bodyguard 380, it hides very easily. In my opinion, carrying a .380 is better than nothing.
    6459, WillWork4Ammo and sage46 like this.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    What, no Beretta Nano? Beretta Nano 9mm 3.07 inch 6rd Black 3 Dot Online Gun Store $372.86 but I have seen it for less.

I don't like the look or feel of them or the weight or the capacity or the...

Taurus PT709 Slim
    NavyAirdale and bfboy like this.

I carry a PM9 sometimes. I like it a lot, but rarely carry it in my pocket because I find it uncomfortable. Size wise it is great, fully loaded weight is a bit much for my pockets though. I think you would have a hard time finding it for $400 though.

A cw9 isn't good for pocket carry but the CM9 is....or the PM9. I had a DB9.....on only my 2nd shot with it (brand new) it blew up in my hand. No more D'backs for me.....:/

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The only true pocket 9 mm pistols are the Diamondback DB9, Boberg XR9s, and Rohrbaugh R9.

Do yourself a huge favor, and get a .380 if you want small light and flat. If you can go a bit larger and heavier, get a light weight snub revolver. While some of the 9's are smallish, they are heavier than light weight snubbies, and can be finicky in operation.

BTDT.
    What he said. Get an LCR or a J frame and skip all the teething pains with a "pocket" nine.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Sort of struck between a PF9 or P11, I hear the P11 will take any double stack S&W 9mm magazine, in which they make up to 20rders for... I just don;t know if that extra width would be cumbersome. I thought my PT145 was too fat and heavy when I had one.

You won't like my opinion, but here it is:

9mms go on the belt. Some guys like their 938s, one guy insists that the Nano is the end all (other than he can't shoot it worth a damn, and it locks up on him a lot), a 26 is excellent but no pocket gun (no matter what you say or do), and all others can be picky.

As I said, you won't like my opinion. Others may soon let me know they don't either.

Pocket gun? Get a j frame. Most reliable pocket gun ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by pcnotpc View Post
    Taurus PT709 Slim
    I just wish they weren't so darn ugly! Then again, what badguy has died faster after saying, "Ahh you shot me, nice looking gun!...gurggle gurggle"

Also had a PF9. I'd take the PM or CM over that any day. HUGE difference in quality, accuracy and TRIGGER.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links