Gun identification

Gun identification

This is a discussion on Gun identification within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been offered a good buy on a gun, but want to make sure it isn't stolen. Is there a site where I can ...

Thread: Gun identification

Gun identification

I have been offered a good buy on a gun, but want to make sure it isn't stolen. Is there a site where I can run serial# to find out.

...not that I know of...NCIC's highly restricted...and that would only tell you if it'd been reported...I usually just have the individual sign a statement that he sold such and such to me for how much on such and such a date and put his D. L. # and address on it...won't keep me from having it confiscated if stolen, but it'll save me from possession of stolen property charges...

...if you sincerely feel the person's shady...do the right thing...

...even if you went to an FFL and logged it in from him and out to you with a 4473...they'd still come to you and confiscate it if it showed up stolen...

VIP Member
    Not sure if it is still operational or the reliability of it, but there used to be one. Been so long ago, I don't remember the website for it though.

Since you have the serial number, I'd contact your local police department, explain your thinking of buying it and ask if the can run the serial number for you.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links