Getting rid of my LC9

This is a discussion on Getting rid of my LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I've hated it long enough so I'm dumping the LC9. No way I'll ever get used to the trigger and I have no interest ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Getting rid of my LC9

Getting rid of my LC9

OK, I've hated it long enough so I'm dumping the LC9. No way I'll ever get used to the trigger and I have no interest in the galloway trigger kit even if he ever does start shipping again.
    My primary EDC is the Walther PPS which I love. For a replacement for the LC9 I really want to keep the width at .9". I have a S&W M&P 9c which is a great gun but I just can't easily carry it.
    I'm ruling out the Shield and XDs at the moment simply because they both seem to be having issues.
    I'm thinking of the Kahr CM9,CW9,PM9,P9,or K9 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these. I've never owned a Kahr but do have an Auto Ordance 1911A1 which is owned by Kahr and they really did a great job turning around AO.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

I have heard a lot of gripes about the stiff and long pull trigger on the LC9. Don't know why Ruger did it that way.

I like Rugers and carry my SR9c everywhere. The SR9c trigger has the best handgun trigger I've ever used. Hard to figure how Ruger got it so wrong on the LC9.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The trigger on my CW9 is smooth and the break is quite predictable. I haven't had a lick of trouble with mine in 6 years now, but if you research here there are some folks who have found them less than acceptably reliable. I like it for its light weight and compactness, and if you catch me at Schloss Smitty some time the chances are I'll be carrying it.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    The only Shield issue is the trigger safety, which can be inspected before purchase. Just mentioning it so you don't overlook it.
    Maynard, 40Bob and Fisher10 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member
    I couldn't bring myself to purchase a khar because of so many owners having problems with them. Isn't the pps pretty slim?
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

What issues are you trying to avoid with the Shield? You are doing yourself a huge injustice if you are searching for a LC9 replacement and not including it.
    Maynard and Fisher10 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to purchase a khar because of so many owners having problems with them. Isn't the pps pretty slim?
    Yes, the pps is .9" the same as the kahr's. I love the pps just prefer to have a different brand for a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    What issues are you trying to avoid with the Shield? You are doing yourself a huge injustice if you are searching for a LC9 replacement and not including it.
    That has been a lot of chatter lately about issues with the shield trigger that I don't want to get involved with. Also I tried a shield several months ago before I bought the PPS, and didn't really like the feel of it. Also the PPS trigger is much better than the shield, IMHO, and I'd like to get something at least close to the PPS. I haven't actually tried the Kahr's yet that is nowhere near a final decision just any early list based on the specs that I've seen so far.

If you like the PPS, and are not looking for something smaller, and you presumably already have holsters and mags for it...just buy another one.

Seems simple enough to me...? Or are you just looking for an excuse to buy another gun?

By the way, my understanding is that simply removing the mag disconnect (search YouTube) on the LC9 improves the trigger immensely. You may want to try that before you get rid of an otherwise reliable gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If you like the PPS, and are not looking for something smaller, and you presumably already have holsters and mags for it...just buy another one.

Seems simple enough to me...? Or are you just looking for an excuse to buy another gun?

By the way, my understanding is that simply removing the mag disconnect (search YouTube) on the LC9 improves the trigger immensely. You may want to try that before you get rid of an otherwise reliable gun.
    Another PPS is an option once I verify it's not in the serial number range of the troubled ones, the trouble is finding one. I've heard that about the mag disconnect as well but the trigger is so bad, even though it seems to be fine when dry firing I have a hard time believing it. I did remove it in my 22/45, in that gun the d&%$# thing even kept the mag from dropping properly.

Actually I am always looking for a good excuse to buy a gun, well I don't really need an excuse I just need the cash which is usually a problem.

I have a cm9 and love it. It has been a great reliable gun. I only pocket carry it though. If I were going to iwb I have other options (glock which isn't on your list), they are larger with more capacity that I iwb fine.

It will cost you nothing but a few minutes of time to remove the mag disconnect and see for yourself if it improves the trigger on your LC9. If the gun has been reliable, I would keep it. But then, I am not a trigger snob - I am one of the rare people who does not complain about the trigger on the LCP, for example.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I really don't like the glocks, i,'be looked at them a couple of times but the are to blocky for me to be comfortable with, no offense to all the fanboys, they just aren't for me.

I understand just "not liking a gun". I went through all that crap with a S&W Bodyguard .380. I liked it at first but became uncomfortable with the cheesy laser and some of the reliability issues. So I took the chicken way out and traded it for a nice .38 revolver. I've never looked back.

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the bersa bp9cc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links