Got a new toy !!!!!!

This is a discussion on Got a new toy !!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I traded my G22 for a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 4.25". The glock has sat unused for a long time, and I have really been ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Got a new toy !!!!!!

Got a new toy !!!!!!

So I traded my G22 for a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 4.25". The glock has sat unused for a long time, and I have really been wantng a 1911. The SA is practically new, with almost no wear anywear ( it did come with an idiot scratch :( ) and 500 rnds of ammo. !!!!!!!!! half of it is JHP!!!!! I didnt see anything to be cautious about when i inspected it. It passed all of the functions checks and points of inspection. The only issue ( maybe non issue) is that when the gun is cycled by hand it will not eject catridges. They hang up in the chamber area. Im not going to worry about it until I get it to the range and see how it functions when firing. If I have an issue, I am confident SA CS will be of assistance based on other owners reviews here and elsewhere.

Needless to say I am excited to head to the range ASAP and play with it. Looking forward to making it into a fine shooting machine and a visual stunner !!!!
    photo(6).jpg
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

...the gun alone would have made a great trade...the ammo's a big bonus!!! congrats!!!
    Aceoky and Tzadik like this.

Me likey!
    Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby---Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Guaranteed Worldwide Delivery in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman II--- SAC WILL BE BACK!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

Nice pickup! Great that it came with that much ammo! Range report once you get around to it. Grats!

Sweet Mama!! I LOVE the Big 'US' on the grips+500R with 250R of HP is Super and Duper!!!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Sweet Mama!! I LOVE the Big 'US' on the grips+500R with 250R of HP is Super and Duper!!!
    I know I love the grips too !!!!!!!!!!! One downside to the JHP.... a lot of it is Gun show specials so I'm not sure I have enough Cajones to try and fire someones hand loads .... I keep getting images of the nuclear bomb blast smoke cloud cartoon style.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I know I love the grips too !!!!!!!!!!! One downside to the JHP.... a lot of it is Gun show specials so I'm not sure I have enough Cajones to try and fire someones hand loads .... I keep getting images of the nuclear bomb blast smoke cloud cartoon style.
    Yeah shooting someone else's handloads is not high on my to-do list.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I predict you're going to enjoy this gun a lot. My first CF handgun is a 5" Springer 1911, and it's got the idiot scratch, courtesy of me - but it's as reliable as the day is long.

I have to wonder if the previous owner was discouraged by the extraction malady, but that's your gain, his loss. A good pistolsmith (or the SA shop) will rectify the problem in short order. My guess is an extractor problem, and possibly a rough chamber. Do post back when you get that squared away. In the meantime, enjoy your bargain!
    Taurahe and Aceoky like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

...if you reload, and are concerned about the reloaded rounds, you can use a bullet puller and save the shell, primer, and bullet...and you're STILL in high cotton...that's one sweet package...
    ...pack the bottom of the bullet puller with cotton balls so the bullet nose(HP) won't deform...

I think your going to enjoy it a lot. I have a champion operator and love it. Never had an issue. Enjoy it!

Congratulations! 1911s are addictive.......
    EDCs: Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911, HK P2000SK .40
    BUG: Ruger LCP
    Belts: Armour | Holsters: Tucker, Sparks, Comp-Tac, Galco
    ____
    Former LEO and USAF Security Forces

Good trade! I'm jealous, not to the point of owning a 1911 yet, but someday.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Awesome gun you have there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I predict you're going to enjoy this gun a lot. My first CF handgun is a 5" Springer 1911, and it's got the idiot scratch, courtesy of me - but it's as reliable as the day is long.

I have to wonder if the previous owner was discouraged by the extraction malady, but that's your gain, his loss. A good pistolsmith (or the SA shop) will rectify the problem in short order. My guess is an extractor problem, and possibly a rough chamber. Do post back when you get that squared away. In the meantime, enjoy your bargain!
    I agree on the possible extractor problem, but a superior weapon and 500 rounds of ammo, oh happy day.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The ejection port on this pistol looks to be of the original size, not of the "lowered and flared" type seen on custom and modern model 1911s. For that reason, when cycling loaded rounds the bullet tip does not clear the port and hangs up, while spent cases clear fine, but not necessarily as reliably as with a lowered and flared port.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links