Walther people?

This is a discussion on Walther people? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy brought his Walther PK22 over here a couple weeks ago. We shot my new LCP .380 and also the PK22. This was my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Walther people?

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

Walther people?

My buddy brought his Walther PK22 over here a couple weeks ago.

We shot my new LCP .380 and also the PK22.

This was my first Walther, and even though I thought I'd hate the paddle mag release,
    I had no problem at all!

Having handled the PK380 (Sweet!) and PPS in 9mm before (Even Sweeter!) the
    paddle release seemed kind of strange back then.

Now that Walther, has smartly offered their pistols with the Luger/Browning type mag release,
    I wonder if they will do such with the PPS?

A PPS would fit somewhere between my RAMI and LCP.

My bad back isn't getting any better, and the RAMI is becoming a chunk these days.

Also, word is the CZ micro gun is still years away.. if they even offer one,

The PPS would be both lighter and slimmer, but unlike my LCP.. also have 9mm power.

Kahrs, might be another choice but they don't have the reputation of a Walther product,
    at least in my mind,

How many of your carry a Walther?
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

2. Remove Ads

I carry my PPS 9mm quite often in a TTGunleather Snap-removable pancake. It has been my EDC for the last 3 or 4 years. It has functioned flawlessly as long as I use 124gr and I've put probably close to 1,000 rounds down range. I will tell you that mine loves 124gr but really doesn't like 147gr at all.

Love my PPS, has been a solid performer and edc. I prefer the paddle release over the button release, I can release without losing my POA where as with almost all button releases I have to cock the gun in my hand for my thumb to reach it.

Edit: I should say, though, that I've found myself carrying the PPQ .40 almost constantly lately over the PPS. Feels just as comfortable iwb or owb and is bigger, so no trade off for me.
    .XX likes this.

Iím now carrying either a PPS or a PPQ, after years (and years) of carrying 1911s. I actually now prefer the paddle release. Itís one of the few mag releases I do not have to adjust my grip to use.
    I carry my PPQ in a Kaluban Cloak set up for IWB, in this set-up itís about the same size, just a little thicker, than my Les Baer ďStingerĒ CCO, so for less weight I get about twice the capacity. When I canít conceal the PPQ for any reason, I carry the PPS.

Both have digested everything I've put through them. My carry load is the 147grain Golden Saber, and I reload a 147 grain cast bullet to the same MV for practice.

Chuck

homo homini lupus est

I often carry my PPQ, though when being absolutely discreet is required, I go with the LCR. I find the wheelies more comfortable in deep concealment (which for me is in a smart carry at the 12-1:00 position.

I compete with the PPQ, and frankly I wish every semi had paddle mag release.
    mook012 likes this.
    GGs
    BGs

ĒGun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.Ē

DBS
    My 9mm PPS is my EDC and it is exceptional in that role.

I've got 1500 rounds down the pipe with zero failures of any kind, and most of those rounds have been cheap ball ammo.

As far as the paddle mag release is concerned, I wish all my guns had it. I much prefer it to the thumb release.
    mook012 likes this.

Got the PPS and PPQ. Both are outstanding guns. I honestly don't know why Walther doesn't get more love.
    mook012 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I love my PPQ. I carry it OC OWB around the house. By far the most accurate and comfortable of all my 9mm pistols.

Theis .jpg

My P-99 AS 9mm in a Theis holster.
    Carry it everyday.
    .XX likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Carry my PPS 9mm every once in a while now that I have a G19, but I still love it! I shoot it more accurately than I do the Glock. I carry it in a CompTac Infidel at 4:00.

Can't beat the paddle release!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    My buddy brought his Walther PK22 over here a couple weeks ago.

We shot my new LCP .380 and also the PK22.

This was my first Walther, and even though I thought I'd hate the paddle mag release,
    I had no problem at all!

Having handled the PK380 (Sweet!) and PPS in 9mm before (Even Sweeter!) the
    paddle release seemed kind of strange back then.

Now that Walther, has smartly offered their pistols with the Luger/Browning type mag release,
    I wonder if they will do such with the PPS?

A PPS would fit somewhere between my RAMI and LCP.

My bad back isn't getting any better, and the RAMI is becoming a chunk these days.

Also, word is the CZ micro gun is still years away.. if they even offer one,

The PPS would be both lighter and slimmer, but unlike my LCP.. also have 9mm power.

Kahrs, might be another choice but they don't have the reputation of a Walther product,
    at least in my mind,

How many of your carry a Walther?
    I carry a Walther PPQ (paddle release/M1) and absolutely LOVE the gun. I have also carried a Kahr K9 and found it to be an outstanding gun if you can live with the trigger and the weight of the slide spring. Being that I'm not a big and strong sort of guy, I had some trouble with racking the K9, and the trigger is like dragging an anvil 3 feet every time you shoot it. Otherwise, very reliable gun, and very well made (all metal, not the polymer low end junk they sell) As for the PPQ, I can't think of many, if any DAO guns that have a better trigger straight out of the box. For a micro-compact 9mm, I chose the Beretta Nano over ths PPS though, simply because it felt better in my hand.

Kahr K9 with Trijicon sights
    015.jpg

Walther PPQ 9mm with Trijicon sights and tac light
    020.jpg

DSCF8039_zps22d3c0db.jpg
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I'm wondering what a PK22 is. Is it a new model?

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My mistake. It was a p22.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

I carry a PPQ in 9mm daily. Awesome trigger and the ambidextrous paddle mag release is a great feature (every gun should have it). It is very natural to use your middle finger on your trigger hand to manipulate the mag release. I can drop a mag without ever having to adjust my grip.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    What I love about the paddle release is that you can do it from either hand. Sounds like "duh" but think about it. Say your strong side is your right hand. You get shot in the right arm or stabbed there. You switch to your left hand and have to drop the mag to reload.. harder to do when the button release is on the wrong side of the gun, which negates using a "switchable" button release, since they still only work from one side of the gun. It's a good design for worst case scenarios.
    mook012 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links