LGS visit

LGS visit

This is a discussion on LGS visit within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was in a lgs today and thought I'd check prices on a few guns I could get interested in. First I looked at ...

Thread: LGS visit

LGS visit

So I was in a lgs today and thought I'd check prices on a few guns I could get interested in. First I looked at their 1911's they had. They were all in ballpark pricing that you see about anywhere from the Colts to the RIA's. Then I looked at the Ruger LCR's and they want 799 for those, wow! That's a little high I believe. There was even a .38 ladysmith blued about 300 cheaper than that. I think I'd buy it first.
    There were no Makarov's at all to look at. Then I saw one lone AK47/74 for close to 800. All the Glocks were ballpark except for the seperate case where they keep the cheaper ones for the police or military personel to buy.
    Then I moved on to look over the ammo selection. There was very little 9mm, only defense rounds, no target type. No 9mm Mak at all. Several kinds of .40, the normal amount on shelfs. Some .223, a few brands but not a lot. No .22 magnum or 22LR in the house. Not much .380 either.
    NRA Life Member
    Ruger SP101 in .357, Glock 22,
    S&W 637-2 .38spl, Bersa Thunder .380,
    NAA .22Mag, Winchester Defender 12g 3" mag.
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Sears .22LR bolt action.

Distinguished Member
    I bet if you go back and look at the LCR you will discover that it is the Crimson Trace version. My local gun stores have more guns than shelve space. What I blogged about did happen. Those who wanted and even those who did not want, bought guns during the gun control panic. Now we have gun owners who already bought the guns they were planning on buying in the future and some with guns they really do not want but bought in panic. Lots of used guns on the shelves too.

I just bought a Ruger 1911 Commander for $700 and I think it is the best value out there. a 100% all metal gun, made in America with all the important features you really need. I also found a new S&W Model 60 which I bought, a model 340PD Airlite that feels like a toy gun and a S&W 637 Gunsmoke edition with the Clip Grip that allows you to carry without a holster and has a bobbed hammer and polished flutes on the cylinder to make it look nice. I usually do no buy a gun on looks but I did like the trigger job on it and the ability to just tuck it into my pants and go.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Old Dog, you are making me want to go shopping. :-)

Old Dog-

You should stop posting about that Ruger Commander...It's making me lust for one...

How's the weight on it? Does it feel like it would be a comfortable carry weapon?

Sponsored Links