How about a glock 26....
This is a discussion on Am I asking for too much or is there a CCW like this? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys! Long time reader first time poster here. Looking for some advice on a new carry pistol. I currently carry a glock26 and I'm ...
Hi guys! Long time reader first time poster here. Looking for some advice on a new carry pistol. I currently carry a glock26 and I'm a pretty skinny guy. 32 waist weight 155lbs. I use a maxtuck with a very good gun belt.
I'm looking for these criteria:
-Glock like trigger (striker?) Or DA/SA
-Preferably subcompact size but not micro/pocket size. I feel subcompact size (height and length wise) is perfect balance between recoil and carrybility, if that's a word haha
-Prefer no external safety but trigger and grip safety are perfectly fine
So.. is there any fun that meets these fairly strict criteria? Greatly appreciate any input!
How about a glock 26....
Don"t let stupid be your skill set....
And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,
The Kahr pistols come to mind. Though they're DAO they meet the rest of your criteria. Even the all-metal Kahr K9 9mm will beat the "compact" Glock 19 for dimensions, and the CW9 or PM9/CM9 are even smaller.
SR9C first to pop in my head.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Walther PPS, S&W Shield, SA XDS
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
sent from my phone using swype. pardon the spelling.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
- Roy Batty
S&W Shield 9mm, just ignore the safety. Too small? Then how about a M&P 9 compact?
The reduced width you specified isn't going to give you much more than you already have with the 26.
Invincible ignorance...look it up.
Sounds like you're describing a Glock or M&P. I think both brands are around 1" thick for all sizes.
I have a P-64, and it's not all that far from your description. I consider mind a perfect balance for all around carry really. It's pretty powerful for it's size, ridiculously reliable (it is a soviet weapon after all), and I can conceal it pretty much anywhere wearing anything...but it's still just big enough to work well in the hand.
Where it's different from your description:
1) it is 9mm...but 9mm makarov. That's between .380 and 9mm luger as far as power goes. Buffalo Bore has good defense ammo for it.
2) It has a safety...but really it just acts as a decocker. It's DA/SA, and the safety/decocker is flush with the slide's surface, and very difficult to move. It actually is hard to use when you want to decock, accidental engaging of the safety is an absolute non-issue, will never happen. I worry about that with my 92FS...but not my P-64. Carry safety off with the double action pull as the safety, I do.
A couple things to note:
- Even with an all steel construction, the 9mm makarov round in that pistol can be brutal on the hand. You can definitely empty a mag no problem...but you'll feel it!
- You have to change some springs when you get one. The double action trigger pull is almost impossible, once you change the spring with a wolff spring kit it's then ok.
- Recommend a hogue jr slip-on grip. Adds to the width a little...but is still super easy to conceal, and it changes the ergonomics of the gun completely.
- It has the same dimensions as a PPK, if you're familiar, so it's about the size you're asking for.
Springfield XDS. If you want something a bit bigger, then either Glock 26 or M&P 9c.
I like all kinds of foreign guns.
"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."
You'd be better off keeping the Glock-26 and spending the 'saved money' on ammo and a SD course.OMO
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
If you've got $1500 to spend, H&K P7. If not, maybe a Taurus Millenium G2?
"...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."
– Captain Bellamy