smith and wesson 5904 sights

This is a discussion on smith and wesson 5904 sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my 5904 to the range the other day and noticed it was shooting about 3 inches low and 3 inches left at 5 yards. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: smith and wesson 5904 sights

smith and wesson 5904 sights

Took my 5904 to the range the other day and noticed it was shooting about 3 inches low and 3 inches left at 5 yards. It has fixed sights. Am I going to have to buy adjustable sights for this gun? Why would itbe so far off in the first place? Please advise and thanks in advance!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    You could switch out the front sight with a lower height and drift the rear sight a bit, but first I would recommend shooting it from a rest or sandbags and verifying against other shooters. Wayne Novak had imput on the third generation Smith's and I am sure still has sights available.

It could be the sights were bumped off, regulated for another shooter, or ammo and then there is the possibility of shooter error with a new gun. Figure out which before switching out sights.

Quote Originally Posted by chadeus86 View Post
    Took my 5904 to the range the other day and noticed it was shooting about 3 inches low and 3 inches left at 5 yards. It has fixed sights. Am I going to have to buy adjustable sights for this gun? Why would itbe so far off in the first place? Please advise and thanks in advance!!!
    Sounds to me, like you are anticipating the recoil.....
    Snub44 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links