Trouble with Taurus TCP

This is a discussion on Trouble with Taurus TCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My little Taurus TCP fails to feed about twice with each mag. I have sent it back to Taurus twice. The first time they replaced ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Trouble with Taurus TCP

Trouble with Taurus TCP

My little Taurus TCP fails to feed about twice with each mag. I have sent it back to Taurus twice. The first time they replaced the slide. Still FTF. The second time they said slide was oversized and they adjusted it. Still FTF.
    I am pretty sure I am not "limp wristing"it, because I have a RugerLCP and a Colt Mustang 380 and have never had this problem with either.
    Should I send it back a third time, get rid of it, or what. I have used various types of ammo with same results. I appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

In my (experienced) opinion, "Trouble with Taurus..." is (consistently) reason enough to GET RID of it.
    Aceoky and paullie like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

nigelvertigo likes this.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Administrator
    Dump it and learn from the experience
    Aceoky and paullie like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Taurus revolvers - not bad

Taurus semi autos - rollin' the dice

got the TCP before the LCP. Had nothing but trouble out of it. took it back to LGS and traded it for LCP. very happy with that choice. The TCP would not even feed on mag full without two or three jams. Bad gun...Taurus needs to work on that thing big time.
    Aceoky likes this.

Taurus will fix it eventually if you keep sending it, but your gun is going to be spending more time in Florida than your holster.

Or better yet, dump it, and buy a quality gun.

I've got a couple hundred rounds through mine now, FMJ and JHP. It does fine until it is good and dirty and hot, which is about 75 rounds. Clean it and it runs fine for another 75. I figure as long as I keep it clean and I don't shoot more than 75 rounds in a SD situation, it's fine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

My LCPs will go through several hundred rounds in a session without any issues...assuming I can find the ammo.

At this point, even if they do fix it, you have to ask yourself if you will ever truly trust it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I bought my daughter the TCP 380, same FTF problems. The gun was cleaned, loaded with different ammo and fired by different shooters, same problem. Called Taurus, after a hassle with their CSR he agreed to allow me to return it. Long story short we experienced the same problem when the gun was returned, it was dumped and she is now a proud owner of a LCP.....
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I had the same problem with my TCP, adjusted the mag lips and it fixed the problem. I had one mag that worked fine, one didnt, so that helped me narrow it down.

You used the word Taurus in your title. When that happens, my standard response is "I Don't Recommend It." Fits every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Texron View Post
    My little Taurus TCP fails to feed about twice with each mag. I have sent it back to Taurus twice. The first time they replaced the slide. Still FTF. The second time they said slide was oversized and they adjusted it. Still FTF.
    I am pretty sure I am not "limp wristing"it, because I have a RugerLCP and a Colt Mustang 380 and have never had this problem with either.
    Should I send it back a third time, get rid of it, or what. I have used various types of ammo with same results. I appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks in advance.
    The TCP is cheap enough that you could just try to offload it on someone and not loose much. Just use the LCP full time. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Taurus you own.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    The TCP is cheap enough that you could just try to offload it on someone and not loose much. Just use the LCP full time. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Taurus you own.
    I don't think that is the honest thing to do unless you disclose the issue. Either have Taurus fix it, reimburse you for the cost, or sell it with full disclosure at a discount or whatever you can get, but do not sell it knowing it is a lemon to an unsuspecting buyer. Tisk, Tisk DetChris, foul.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links