Kahr CM9 Opinions

Kahr CM9 Opinions

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 Opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at picking up a Kahr CM9 for conceal carry. I have a Glock 27 and a Glock 30 that I carry but looking for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kahr CM9 Opinions

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

Kahr CM9 Opinions

Looking at picking up a Kahr CM9 for conceal carry. I have a Glock 27 and a Glock 30 that I carry but looking for something a little thinner. Got a friend that had a PM40 that was not reliable at all, even after going back to Kahr for repair. I'm a little nervous about the Kahr pistols for this reason. Any help, suggestions, or opinions would be appreciated.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Too small of a sample to make an informed decision. For example, google any gun amd you will find someone having issues with it. But you don't hear the majority that don't have problems.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Google is your friend.

Use it and you will find large numbers of folks who have had issues. I have a Kahr p380 that hasn't been "terrible" - but not sure I will ever trust it. Malfunctions at least once every range visit.

The size of the kahr 9s makes them appealing, but I can't see myself heading down that path again.

And yes, I cleaned prior to first (and after every) range session, blew out the striker channel with brake cleaner, and ran the obligatory 200 rounds thru it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ExGM likes this.

Somewhere in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
    I've been happy with mine. I only have 500 rds thru it, no hiccups. It gets carried about 10% of the time.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbthedookie View Post
    Google is your friend.

Use it and you will find large numbers of folks who have had issues. I have a Kahr p380 that hasn't been "terrible" - but not sure I will ever trust it. Malfunctions at least once every range visit.

The size of the kahr 9s makes them appealing, but I can't see myself heading down that path again.

And yes, I cleaned prior to first (and after every) range session, blew out the striker channel with brake cleaner, and ran the obligatory 200 rounds thru it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My friend did the same break in procedures and just had terrible luck. I loved how accurate the little pistol was but could not trust it for a self defense pistol. Guess I got a little extra cash burning a hole in my pocket and am looking for something a little different.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

The worst gun I ever bought (brand spanking new), was a Kahr PM40. I too had to send it back to the factory.

It may have worked after that, I dont know. I had lost all confidence in it, and traded it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Looking at picking up a Kahr CM9 for conceal carry. I have a Glock 27 and a Glock 30 that I carry but looking for something a little thinner. Got a friend that had a PM40 that was not reliable at all, even after going back to Kahr for repair. I'm a little nervous about the Kahr pistols for this reason. Any help, suggestions, or opinions would be appreciated.

I love mine. I originally bought it for my wife but she has a hard time working the slide. It's my edc. Only problem I ever had was the first shell getting hung up on full mags. After break in period I never had that problem again.

Shot 200 rounds of reloads today without a hiccup.

Love all my Kahrs, and I have a few. Totally trust um all with my life; carry my PM9 quite often.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

With my XDS 9mm in for recall. My CM9 is my daily carry once again and I've found mine to be totally reliable over the past two years. I'd say about 500 rds though it. No issues to speak of.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

I like mine. Absolutely zero issues with it in over 600 rounds. It conceals well in a PJ Holster under just a t-shirt. I have four magazines for it, 1-6rd and 3-7rd, and with the exception of the latest 7rd mag, they all drop free and I can sling shot the slide, which is supposedly not possible. I did add rubber Talon grips, and they enhance the handling greatly.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I have had two... I put well over 1k rnds through my first one, traded it for the next "super Gun" sold that gun and bought another CM9, put over 500 rnds through it, sold it to get a shield 9mm, never got the shield , and wish I had my Kahr back. I would get another one in a heart beat
    Brad426 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I was so wary after reading all the "I'll never trust Kahr" posts, but I got a CM9 and haven't had a single issue in 1,000 rounds. Great little gun.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I have a CM9 and it is OK. During the first 200 rds I had a couple ftf, but none since. I did not know about the recommended cleaning prior to using so that could have been part of my initial issues. Again I have not had a single failure once I got through the first 200 rds and cleaned it.

It is not my favorite carry, but it is my smallest and that is why I keep it. I want at least one pocket 9 and I purchased the CM9 before Sig came out with the 938 or I probably would have gotten that instead. Not because of problems, but because I don't shoot it very well. I still think it is a quality piece at a reasonable price in a compact package which is what sold me on it initially. People either love them or hate them. I like it OK and am not in a hurry to get rid of it. I am not sure there is anything else out there that is a better choice in this compact size. However, if I only had one carry, it would not be the CM9.

I've had a PM9 and two CM9's. All three have been excellent pistols, very reliable and very accurate shooters. I sold the PM9 (regrettably) and my 2nd CM9. I currently edc my first CM9 (installed night sights) and have about 600 rounds though it with only one ftf that occurred with the first box of 124 gr nato rounds.

I researched and fondled this gun two weeks ago when in the market for a pistol of this size and caliber. I did the same for all other major contenders in this market segment. I ended up choosing the Shield and I have been delighted thus far.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links