Glock 36

Glock 36

This is a discussion on Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone carry one just ran into a great deal on one 4 mags night sites 475 new here is going for 565 ..it still locks ...

Thread: Glock 36

Glock 36

Anyone carry one just ran into a great deal on one 4 mags night sites 475 new here is going for 565 ..it still locks like new inside and out no finsh wear no wear under the slide...

Put it on layaway..

Just wondering your opinions and what kind of holsters ya preer for it...

Side note these glocks just take right over once ou buy one i think bought my first on last friday now all ready working on second one ...I swear when i opened up my gun Safe this morning i could hear it saying resistance is futile

I have shot the 36 some. It seems to be accurate. I did have a couple of stovepipes (probably this specific gun).

It also pinches my little finger but I understand that is very easy to fix.

I am considering one myself!

I have had one for several years and I carry it a good bit.
    Really a pretty nice pistol. I carry mine in one of my paddle holsters.
    It certainly works well for all day carry.

Mike

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I own a G36 (with XS tritium express sights), and I like it a ton. Others will say that they prefer the gripframe and the additional capacity of the G30. For me, though, the thinnest Glock works great.

I carry mine in either my SmartCarry or in an IWB holster (one of the cheap suede clip-ons). I use a Saf-T-Blok behind the trigger (others will opine that such is not necessary, but it makes me happy).

I note that just today reknowned triggersmith Teddy Jacobson said that \"[t]he 36 is the very best small 45 caliber pistol that I know of and it is flawless if kept clean using good FACTORY AMMO.\" That\'s certainly been my experience, but it always gives me warm fuzzies to hear someone of Mr. Jacobson\'s caliber validating my choice.

http://www.actionsbyt.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoy yours. :)

(If you decide to put the Pearce +1 grip adaptors on to give any of your mags a 7-round capacity, also install the Wolff +10% mag springs - I did that and have had no problems, and others on Glock Talk report likewise. You hear about problems when the +1 extenders are used without the +10% springs.)

I have big hands and love a big grip usually but didnt like the g30 though g-36 fit me better ... was carrying my G-17 today with no probs im a big guy this is more for the old lady the 36 that is but i will carry it she just wants it to shoot ..

Administrator

I Have One

w/ night sights. It's a fantastic carry gun.
    Actually very accurate & the grip feels just fine once you shoot it a bit. It's very low recoil. (to me anyway) I love mine & it hasn't "burped" yet.
    No FTFs or FTEs but I that many rounds through it. More than 800 though & it's been flawless.
    I carry it a lot & shoot it a little.

JT
    I don\'t have a 36, but I know all about getting addicted to Glocks.

FLM
    Mine is my main CCW. Never had a jam. I see no point in a +1 extender. If you\'re going to make the gun bigger, just buy a bigger gun to begin with. I got the +0 extender and it stops the finger pinch.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I've never had a problem with the dread "pinch," but many report it.

I like the +1s for when I\'m carrying the gun IWB and for back-up mags or when it's on the nightstand. I don't use them when I'm carrying the gun in the SmartCarry.

When I initially installed them (on a lark, I got them from a fellow on GT at a great price), I found that I actually shot better with the Pearce +1s in place. I was surprised by this, since I'd found the G36 to be fairly easy to shoot and accurate. Nevertheless, I found I was more accurate and faster with the longer mags in the gun.

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them (only YOU can decide if having some on some of your mags makes sense for your carry style), but I did want to mention that they seem to work best with the Wolff +10% mag springs to compensate for the extra length.

G36 is an excellent CCW weapon

I think the G36 is almost ideal. It has a 1911-ish feel. It is flat and easy to conceal. It is a .45ACP. I have heard it praised and cursed. I find the cursing to be based on some pretty thin complaints. They seem to just be "Internet expert cowboy" blatherings about rare Kb's, cosmetics, and the 6 round mags. My personal experince is that it is a fine gun. I have never had a stoppage. It does not like Con-Bon Hollow points, but shoots everthing else just fine. I don't like a lot of weight or an "iron shoe box" to conceal, therefore the G36 is a pretty good fit, so take that for what its worth. I hear good things about the G30, seemed to big for me, but works great for others.

Ill pass up on the corbon's then. Wanted to pick it up today but since i couldnt get a day off next we no point in picking it up ..

Since my Police Station only will check them in tuesday -thursday its hard for me to pick it up ..

Links