My Glock evolution

My Glock evolution

This is a discussion on My Glock evolution within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right before I retired I was smitten with the Glock bug. I can shoot them better than any semi auto but the 1911. I had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My Glock evolution

My Glock evolution

Right before I retired I was smitten with the Glock bug. I can shoot them better than any semi auto but the 1911. I had four now I am down to two. The ones I have I have extensively modified to fit my hands. I do not see myself investing in more Glocks unless I build one with a Lonewolf frame.

I run several hundred rounds a month thru them and when I run them hard I was getting pretty bad slide bite, hence the Grip Force adapters. I do lots of outside work, we have horses and trees that need maintenance, so my hands are rough and calloused so the polymer grips were slick so I stippled them.

For the G27 I use G23 mags and grip sleeves that I stippled. I can run the mag "naked" but the sleeve feels better. On the G31C I am running a Lonewolf 40 barrel and I just did a grip reduction/bobtail. I am very happy with the angle and curve, the epoxy though was not receptive to heat stippling so I applied some liquid rubber to that area. I am not thrilled with the aesthetics of that, however, it is a Glock, so who cares.

On both of these I have added 3.5 connectors, springs and polished the appropriate places this gives me a decent, consistent trigger with a great reset. The trigger in no way compares to a good 1911 trigger though.

All in all I am happy with the results of my tinkering, everything is safe and repeatable. I know some people will say I ruined the resale, I don't care because I do not plan on selling these, besides, its not like a Glock is a huge investment anyway.

DSC00365.JPGDSC00363.JPG
    Aceoky likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Screw "resale", tinker away! Nice work.
    Aceoky likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Is the top one a 27? What's that extension piece for the full 15 rnd mag? Did you make that or buy it? I've been looking for something like that for quite a while, and have bought several somethings I thought would work and didn't.

PM on the way.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Is the top one a 27? What's that extension piece for the full 15 rnd mag? Did you make that or buy it? I've been looking for something like that for quite a while, and have bought several somethings I thought would work and didn't.

PM on the way.

The 27 is on top. That is a 13 round G23 mag, A&G also make one for the 15 rounders. If use the 15 or 22 rnd "happy sticks" I just go nekked.......
    Aceoky likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member

Thumbs up

One of the big reasons why I gravitate towards my Glocks, is that I can abuse them with a clean conscience.

There's something about a gun that you can't make any uglier, and you know it's gonna get the job done.
    glockman10mm, Bad Bob and ExGM like this.

I'm all for making things fit your needs.

Ironically I had a buddy that was going on and on about how Glocks are perfection...then he went on to describe his mods like grip reduction, stipple, beaver tail, ghost connector, extended mag and slide releases, different barrel, different sights, etc. as it turns out, very little of his pistol was Glock. So much for perfection.
    Bad Bob and wdbailey like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

you have taken your personal weapons and modified them to work even better for you. sounds like a good idea to me.
    Aceoky likes this.

I think the work looks good.
    Aceoky likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Nicely done. Resale value is no reason to live with something that doesn't work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm all for making things fit your needs.

Ironically I had a buddy that was going on and on about how Glocks are perfection...then he went on to describe his mods like grip reduction, stipple, beaver tail, ghost connector, extended mag and slide releases, different barrel, different sights, etc. as it turns out, very little of his pistol was Glock. So much for perfection.
    Good point. That's why they get so much grief for "Perfection." It's not that they're flawed, it's that there's no such thing as a perfect gun. Everybody has different needs and preferences, and for some folks, Glocks are not the best choice. Just don't tell the fanboys I said that.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedinPA View Post
    I think the work looks good.

Agreed!

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    G27 is my EDC and love the extentions. Have different sized ones from XGrip and lets me carry more rounds

Nice work, but I prefer Virgin naked polymer. I also have tree frog hands that stick to anything, so I leave the soldering iron stored safely away from my Glocks.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

"Perfection", like beauty, is a relative, subjective term. Irish Wolfhounds are arguably the world's least-attractive dog. Yet their proud owners are quick to point out that there are no longer any... wolves in Ireland! Pretty is as pretty does.
    Aceoky and wheelyfun101 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    I really wish I had the intestinal fortitude to make the changes I want to make. I just can't bring myself to take power tools to the frame though. I'm pretty easy to please- but I despise the finger grooves on Glock pistols. Maybe one day I'll dig down and make it happen.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

My Glock evolution turned into a 1911 revolution. Don't think I'll be buying anymore either, but I can't say never.

I have the 1989 G19 with TFO sights, and my wife has taken the G26 for her gun.

I do love Glocks, they are hard to beat in so many ways.
    For me now, my auto pistols are only 1911 Colts, or Glocks.
    wdbailey likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links