Stallard 9mm

This is a discussion on Stallard 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine was recently given a Stallard 9mm semi-auto by his father-in-law. My friend is not a gun person, so he gave me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stallard 9mm

Stallard 9mm

A friend of mine was recently given a Stallard 9mm semi-auto by his father-in-law. My friend is not a gun person, so he gave me a call, and asked what I knew about them. I told him I'd never heard of it, but my research today suggests it might not be a high quality firearm. Most of the stuff I've read compares it to Hi Points and the like. It also seems like it's no longer made, and probably hasn't been made for a long time.
    Does anyone know anything about this gun?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    No, but I love your nick. That was an awesome dog.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Hi Point knock-off...

And if that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

My LGS has had one in the case for the better part of a year. IIRC, they are asking $129. I almost bought it on a couple of different occasions just to say I own such a rare item.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Mike1956, Fisher10 and msgt/ret like this.

Yikes.
    "I can show you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite." Dale Gribble

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to check out and (maybe) shoot the gun tomorrow. Or maybe just let my friend shoot it.
    And yeah, Skidboot was a great dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Hi Point knock-off...
    I don't know why but that made me chuckle.
    oneshot likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

My best friend has one and is a blast play with as range toy. It's heavy ugly and mags are hard to find but it eats everything and his is accurate to boot

It is best to let others believe you to be stupid, than to speak and prove them right
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Here's a range report from today's exercise with this gun. First, I couldn't believe how accurate it was. I was very impressed with that. Second, the trigger was pretty good. I've felt a lot worse on more expensive guns. Third, it jammed. A lot. It did some kind of strange double feed thing, and we never even got through one magazine without it happening. And this was with 2 different mags.
    I guess the conclusion would be that it would be a pretty decent gun if it worked.

VIP Member
    Great article. Thanks for posting.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

mkh
    I have one that was given to me. I'm just waiting for a good gun buy back to get a few dollars for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    Here's a range report from today's exercise with this gun. First, I couldn't believe how accurate it was. I was very impressed with that. Second, the trigger was pretty good. I've felt a lot worse on more expensive guns. Third, it jammed. A lot. It did some kind of strange double feed thing, and we never even got through one magazine without it happening. And this was with 2 different mags.
    I guess the conclusion would be that it would be a pretty decent gun if it worked.
    Double feeds are usually caused by a bad ejector or extractor,if the extractor is chipped or broken it may either not eject the case at all,or partially pull it out before slipping off the rim,Bad ejector is what hits the far side of the case rim to push it out of the extractor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    Maybe you should upgrade to a Taurus. Ok, on second thought a Taurus may not be an upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Double feeds are usually caused by a bad ejector or extractor,if the extractor is chipped or broken it may either not eject the case at all,or partially pull it out before slipping off the rim,Bad ejector is what hits the far side of the case rim to push it out of the extractor
    This could certainly be the case, although it appeared from what I could see that the gun had never been fired before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links