Applause for springfield Armory

This is a discussion on Applause for springfield Armory within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I called springfield armory about my problems with my GI 1911 i recently aquired as a used gun. After three minutes of discussion, Springfield ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Applause for springfield Armory

Applause for springfield Armory

So I called springfield armory about my problems with my GI 1911 i recently aquired as a used gun. After three minutes of discussion, Springfield is sending me a shipping label to cover shipping both ways, and they are considering it a warranty repair even though i did not buy the gun new. Even better, they asked me to send it in the priginal plastic case, and when I said I dont have one they said no problem we will send you a replacement as a courtesy ! Its not much but it is a nice gesture and shows commitment to customers. I would have been ok with paying shipping if they covered the gun under warranty, but this is truly awesome.

for you guys with the XDs recall..... The girl on the phone said they were recieving hundreds of guns a day from around the world...... I dont envy you one bit.
    rocky, DJC7, 40Bob and 8 others like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Had the same experience with a 1911 Loaded Micro Compact. They even called FedEx for pickup at my office as I had the pistol with me when I called. And, for my trouble, the gun made a trip through the "Custom Shop" for a trigger tune & was returned with a test target. IMHO, SA takes Customer Service v-e-r-y seriously.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Had the same experience with a 1911 Loaded Micro Compact. They even called FedEx for pickup at my office as I had the pistol with me when I called. And, for my trouble, the gun made a trip through the "Custom Shop" for a trigger tune & was returned with a test target. IMHO, SA takes Customer Service v-e-r-y seriously.
    I wouldnt mind a trigger tune... lol i may have to mention a gritty trigger :)
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

That's pretty good. I just got the spring replacement on a g22 I bought and all Glock sent me was a spring. I thought they could have at least sent me a window decal for the trouble.
    NRA Life Member
    Ruger SP101 in .357, Glock 22,
    S&W 637-2 .38spl, Bersa Thunder .380,
    NAA .22Mag, Winchester Defender 12g 3" mag.
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Sears .22LR bolt action.

Good for Springfield. Great customer service.
    When I bought my Springfield Lightweight Champ Operator four years ago, there is an orange card that you can use to buy mags and other stuff for your 1911 at an incredible discount. I sent mine in with my order......and I received my stuff in seven total days from the time I sent the card in the mail. Amazed? You betcha, and it speaks volumes on how Springfield views their customers.

.....it'll be two weeks Thursday from the time I sent my XDs back....waiting patiently.
    357and40 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

That's outstanding C/S. I've never had to use their C/S dept, but I have purchased 2 Springers new and absolutely love them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I've heard great things about Springfield CS. I hope I never have to send in my XDsc but won't hesitate to call them of I need to. Glad to hear you had such a good experience!

VIP Member
    Great to hear. All too often people only post when they have problems. I haven't owned a Springfield pistol in years. I think one is in my future though.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The only Springfield I have is an XDs on order. It hasn't gotten here yet and I imagine it will be a while with the recall. Other than that I have heard great things, I just wanna hold my gun already!
    zonker1986 likes this.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

VIP Member
    The good stories are nice . Glad things went well
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Awesome to hear about top notch CS, I sent my XDs off so I'm patiently waiting myself.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27
    Springfield XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Good to hear they are taking care of you. I am sure they are doing everything they can to keep customers happy considering how many they have pissed off with the XDs recall...lol
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

why would anybody be pissed off that a company cares about their safety and wants to fix a problem before it becomes a problem? did it cost any money to have the weapon repaired under the recall?

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCoupl View Post
    why would anybody be pissed off that a company cares about their safety and wants to fix a problem before it becomes a problem? did it cost any money to have the weapon repaired under the recall?

I commend SA for trying to insure the safety of their customers. However it is incredibly inconvenient for many people. For many it means being without their primary EDC weapon for "at least" a month. Some of them don't own another pistol and it is their sole defense weapon. The climate in the XDS section over at xdtalk is not exactly jovial right now. Personally I prefer carrying my Shield anyways.

The part that has me less then happy is that I was planning on selling my XDS right before the recall was announced. Now the value has plummeted and no one wants to buy one knowing they are going to have to send it off for the recall.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

I told ya - post #10 - Sending the new gun to SA

And the proof will be when you get your blaster back... post back with results.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links