Do this deal or not

This is a discussion on Do this deal or not within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok in a nutshell here is the deal. Lightly used Glock 22 Gen 4with four factory mags in box with a almost new leather paddle ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Do this deal or not

Question Do this deal or not

Ok in a nutshell here is the deal. Lightly used Glock 22 Gen 4with four factory mags in box with a almost new leather paddle holster with it.

Guy wants 170 dollars between it and my Taurus mod 85 ulltra lite snubby 38 spl. Have had the mod 85 for a few months. If fires fine no issues with it except when I bought it new and had to clean out the metal shavings from the trigger assembly. After that its been flawless through couple hundred rounds.

My EDC is a SW 40 VE so ive been stocking 40 cal ammo. Wife normally carries the 38 spl OC so she could carry the G22 the same way or my 40.

So gun gurus what say you?? Should I make the trade or not???
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

2. Remove Ads

Yes, yes, yes.

And I don't even like .40 Glocks...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

In dollar terms, it sounds like about an even trade. Not a bad deal, not an absolute steal, either.

I'd say it depends mostly on carry method. If you and your wife are both okay moving up to larger guns, it's probably a good move. Personally, I wouldn't trade my snubby (lcr) for anything larger, because the snubby can be carried in almost any wardrobe and circumstances.

Disclaimer: I ain't no goo-roo.
    Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I think it is a fair rtade. I actually just traded off my gen 3 G22 for a 1911...but I liked my glock very much...just not enough that I had an atachment to it.... It is not a small guns by any means and is heavy with 15+1 of 40 cal ammo.... dont know what your wifes feelings are on a heavy carry piece..... may want to ask her lol.... and that is why i am single
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    A GLOCK 22 is fairly large, much larger than a snub. Kind of hard to compare...........

But yes.......... If both you and your wife are just as ready to carry a full size pistol as a small revolver, value wise it would be a decent deal. IMHO.

The snub is the only small firearm we have. I EDC SW40VE which is about the same size as the Glock grip is a tad slimmer.

Which model Glock that was in 40 SW that was having the kaboom problem because of unsupported cartridge? Was it the Gen 4 or 3 or 2. I had the original G22 gen 1 and it didnt bulge cartridges.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

...I would, because it gets rid of the Taurus(quality,CS concerns) and gets you a good serviceable gun that is serious trade material ...the mags drive the price up at least $100, so you're getting $350 or so for your Taurus...if the Glock proves a bit much for her, you can trade from a position of strength with the popular G22...

Senior Moderator
    Do it.

14 rounds of .40 beats 5 rounds of .38 Special everyday of the week.
    OD*, Sister and Aceoky like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    He's going to pay you $170 to take that Taurus off your hands and give you a G22 to boot?
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

...Taurus (appx. $350) + $170= Glock (appx $450)+ 4 mags...(appx.$ 100)+ paddle holster appx. $50)
    ...how close on the values I'm guessing...but looks sweet to me...
    Aceoky likes this.

Has your wife fired your .40? How does she carry?

.....in a heartbeat.

VIP Member
    Think backwards.......would you give someone a Glock22, mags, holster and get $170 and a Taurus snub? If you would, do the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Think backwards.......would you give someone a Glock22, mags, holster and get $170 and a Taurus snub? If you would, do the deal.
    Maybe I'm not drinking enough yet, but I THINK you mean "if you would, don't do the deal?" Or "if you wouldn't, do the deal?"
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Ghost, if the G22 will get more use, then by all means do the deal. Sounds fair, perhaps even a decent gain. Four factory mags, a holster, plus the ability to use ammo you've been stockpiling, sharing ammo with your other EDC. Hard to argue the benefits, there.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links