New M&P Shield

New M&P Shield

This is a discussion on New M&P Shield within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not often do Shields show up at gun shops in my area and when they do, they're gone almost immediately. I'd been wanting one and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New M&P Shield

New M&P Shield

Not often do Shields show up at gun shops in my area and when they do, they're gone almost immediately. I'd been wanting one and was lucky enough to stop by a LGS about 30 minutes after one was checked for recall and put on display! I then picked up a Crimson Trace Laserguard for it at the range where I shoot and then ran 150 flawless rounds through it. Trigger isn't bad but a little heavier than I like, so I'll soon be putting an Apex kit in it. As my EDC is a Dan Wesson CCO, this pistol will only be carried when I'll be sweating a lot(don't like sweating all over my CCO) or short trips from home, etc. I have a Kholster for my 9c and like that it keeps the pistol completely away from my body when sweating......so I ordered one for the Shield. I also ordered a kydex IWB from Cook's Holsters for a quick "on/off" holster. With the intended use of this pistol, I probably won't have TT Gunleather build a holster for the Shield as he's done for all my other carry pistols..... if I end up carrying it more than I'm expecting, then I'll have one made. I'm really liking this little pistol so far!

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Jealous.... been wanting a shield since they came out.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Welcome to the Shield Owner's Club! Found mine at a local Fleet Farm. They had a 9 and a 40 so I snatched up the 9. No trigger issues and has performed flawlessly for over 1000 rds so far. One of the best carry guns out there IMHO.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Jealous.... been wanting a shield since they came out.
    Same here but didn't want to order one until I could actually see and hold one in person.......I wasn't in the store 2 minutes before I was filling out forms!!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    Same here but didn't want to order one until I could actually see and hold one in person.......I wasn't in the store 2 minutes before I was filling out forms!!
    It must be week if the shield I just picked up today :) oh happy joy joy !

It is best to let others believe you to be stupid, than to speak and prove them right
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

What's that old saying "location, location, location",,,,,,, right place at the right time......

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    What's that old saying "location, location, location",,,,,,, right place at the right time......
    Amen to that!

Oh Yeah, nice little shooters, I shot a friend's in .40 and loved it.
    Went home, found a holster for it (lesson learned there) and had many good choices, went online to Budgunshop.com and they had them in stock for $459. + Free S/H.

Broke my rule of adding a caliber, so I had to order some range & carry ammo, too.
    How not to love 19 ozs, 7-8 rounds, 0.95 width + mega-reliability. Also, the .40 allows the bbl & mags to be switched to 9mm if a change is ever wanted.

Just hope the wife doesn't decide she likes it and then 'takes-it-away-from-me' for her own carry. It has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Double amen
    ~Daniel Webster

Glad to hear everyone else gushing over their Shields. I can't keep mine out of my hand lately. Since putting in the Apex kit it has become my watching TV dry fire exercise gun. It's a sweet little piece.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    looks good
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

That thing looks like a Star Trek phaser with that CT on the front :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    That thing looks like a Star Trek phaser with that CT on the front :)
    Yea, it's kind of "funky" looking but I'm not carrying anything without CT!

Here's the Cook's kydex IWB holster I ordered for it....very well made, great fit and extremely comfortable! I'm very pleased with this holster and highly recommend!

Sorry about terrible iPhone pics!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links