Got me a shield !!!

This is a discussion on Got me a shield !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just happened to stumble into a great deal on a M&P Shield last night. I got a Shield 9mm with low round count ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe

Thread: Got me a shield !!!

Got me a shield !!!

So I just happened to stumble into a great deal on a M&P Shield last night. I got a Shield 9mm with low round count ( less than 200), 2 mags ( 7 and 8 rnd) all original packaging and a ball and JHP ammo. I traded my LCR .38 and some ammo, and a hundred bucks cash. I would have preferred an even trade but i am stoked to have a shield, as I have wanted on since before they came out. Cant wait to get it to the range.
    StormRhydr and 40Bob like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Fantastic! Happy for you.

Congratulations!! I own one myself...nice gun!
    Make sure your new gun isn't effected by the recall. Sticky on the site & a few posts about it.

Just remember that it's not a slide release, it's a lock back lever. Pull the slide to load the breach. When I had it in my hands I found that trying to release the slide was really hard. That and having to dig inside the mag well to flip the disassemble lever turned me off. S&W Shield - Disassembly, Cleaning, Reassembly and Function Check - YouTube

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Just remember that it's not a slide release, it's a lock back lever. Pull the slide to load the breach. When I had it in my hands I found that trying to release the slide was really hard. That and having to dig inside the mag well to flip the disassemble lever turned me off. S&W Shield - Disassembly, Cleaning, Reassembly and Function Check - YouTube
    Just make sure it is not loaded and pull the trigger like a Glock.

Awesome congrats

Very nice. Congrats. I hope yours treats you as well as mine is treating me.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

Congrats! I'm sure you'll like it. I have no complaints with mine, whatsoever.

VIP Member
    Congrats! Pics and a range report, please.

Great little gun feels like a full size, I bought mitch rosens clipper holster works pretty good or it.

Congrats! I like mine...
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Nice! If I were getting a single-stack 9mm, that'd be my first choice (except for a sig p938, but that's almost twice the price). Sounds like a fair deal.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Links