Getting the hang of this Glock thing...

This is a discussion on Getting the hang of this Glock thing... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A 5 shot group, from the bench, at 25 yards with a Glock 26, TruGlo TFO sights. I think I'm starting to get the hang ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Getting the hang of this Glock thing...

A 5 shot group, from the bench, at 25 yards with a Glock 26, TruGlo TFO sights. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

IMG_0657.jpg
    Kennydale and Bad Bob like this.

VIP Member
    For as small as the 26 is, it shoots amazingly well.
    Skippymjp likes this.

VIP Member
    At 25 yards, that plate is pretty much hidden behind your TruGlo front sight. Nice shooting.

The G26 is capable of uncanny accuracy. I'm still not shooting up to the capabilities of mine. 'Probably never will.

How'd you do off-hand?
    Skippymjp likes this.

How are the TFo sights ? I am looking for sights for my shield.
    Skippymjp likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    How are the TFo sights ? I am looking for sights for my shield.
    I'm totally happy with them. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and with the TFO's I have highly visible dots under most lighting conditions. I did notice one evening a couple days ago that in certain low light, it's too dark for the fiber optics and just a bit too light for the tritium, and for a few minutes till the light changes they seem to have very little visibility. Could just be my eyes though.

If I were to complain, my only complaint would be their physical appearance. The front sight blade seems to be ridiculously long. :)

Impossible! Everyone knows that Glocks have terrible triggers and a horrible grip angle!

Nice shooting!
    Skippymjp likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    At 25 yards, that plate is pretty much hidden behind your TruGlo front sight. Nice shooting.

The G26 is capable of uncanny accuracy. I'm still not shooting up to the capabilities of mine. 'Probably never will.

How'd you do off-hand?
    Well, off-hand was kinda...you know....ahem'. Most of 'em were generally close to the plate. :)

Actually, it wasn't that horrible. But just hitting the plate was about the best I could do. Kind of all over it.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Nice shooting....You have to love the G26. The first time I shot one I was amazed and I keep getting better.

I shoot better with the 26 than with the 17 go figure.
    Skippymjp and zonker1986 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    I shoot better with the 26 than with the 17 go figure.
    I shoot better with the 26 than with any of the other 9mm Glocks. Especially double taps. That little pistol is just a perfect dynamic match for my hands, arms, and grip if I pull the trigger as fast as I can between the shots of a double tap. They hit within an inch of each other at 21'.

I had a 17 but it just didn't work for me. I traded it in on a second 19.

The 26 is, for whatever reason, an inherently remarkably accurate pistol.

Good shooting.

Fitch
    Skippymjp likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I seem to be the most accurate with my Glock's as well. I'm most accurate with my G27, even more than with my G19. Hard to explain as I never expected this to be the case.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    That's actually very good shooting. I regard most reports of unsupported 3 inch groups at 25 yards the same as reports of Bigfoot (Bullseye shooters excepted). It's possible but generally speaking I regard them as tall tales. There are many experienced shooters that would be pleased with a group like that, even from a supported position.

Jim
    Skippymjp likes this.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    Man....this one time, with my G26, I was getting unsupported 3 inch groups at 25 yds....you had to be there!
    Just kidding, GentlemanJim!

My G26 is very accurate though, and easily outshoots my G30 (in my hands).....
    Can't beat it for concealed carry!
    Skippymjp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    That's actually very good shooting. I regard most reports of unsupported 3 inch groups at 25 yards the same as reports of Bigfoot (Bullseye shooters excepted). It's possible but generally speaking I regard them as tall tales. There are many experienced shooters that would be pleased with a group like that, even from a supported position.

Jim
    Why thank you. Unsupported was a whole different story. That's an 11 3/32" paper plate blank, and when I shot at them unsupported I got most of them on the blanks, but they were all over it.

Good shooting for sure. I miss my 26, I traded off and went to a 17, and then now have a 19. I shot my 17 the best by far, but the 26 was the perfect carry size to me - I just can't warm up to my 19 the way I did the 17/26. 99% find the 19 to be the perfect compromise - I find it to be the awkward middle man lol.
    Skippymjp likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links