Shield night sights, anyone know where they are in stock?

This is a discussion on Shield night sights, anyone know where they are in stock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I pick up my Shield 9 on Wednesday I would like to put either XS big dots or the Ameriglo pro i-dots on it, but ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By a51young
  • 1 Post By Taurahe

Thread: Shield night sights, anyone know where they are in stock?

I pick up my Shield 9 on Wednesday

I would like to put either XS big dots or the Ameriglo pro i-dots on it, but I cannot find either in stock anywhere at a reasonable price. Anyone know where either are in stock?

Anything for the M&P line of pistols will work. The rear will be a little large and may be flush with the sides of the slide.
    I like these myself for the Shield, they are in stock at the moment for $90.

XS Sight Systems - Sights

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Anything for the M&P line of pistols will work. The rear will be a little large and may be flush with the sides of the slide.
    I like these myself for the Shield, they are in stock at the moment for $90.

XS Sight Systems - Sights
    Not necessarily true.... they will fit, but will require extra fitting as they will be made for the wider slides of the M&P lineup. The shield is significantly narrower, so if you put M&P sights on a shield they will require some work to make them properly flush with the sides of the slide. If you do not, they can create a snag point when drawing . I recommend calling the manufacturers directly and see what they have, especially with XS sights. They ship direct from their facility, as well as to vendors.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

what about POI with the sights made for the full size and compact on a shield?

Anyone know if the XS for the MP series will overhang on a shield? kind of worried about some rough edges snagging or gouging my hand on a re-load

Quote Originally Posted by askoop View Post
    what about POI with the sights made for the full size and compact on a shield?

Anyone know if the XS for the MP series will overhang on a shield? kind of worried about some rough edges snagging or gouging my hand on a re-load
    Anyhting made for the M&P will overhang on a shield... the M&P slide width is 1.2".... the M&P Shield is 0.95" so you have excess material if you install the M&P sights on a shield. So yes it will overhang, the math says so. Any overhang is a potential snag not to mention it would look weird IMO. As far as POI, if the full sixe sights are the same height as the shield sights, then POI will not change. 10-8 precision makes sights that fit all M&P pistols except the longslide and the MP22
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    "At a reasonable price"?

Pay what they're asking and get on with life. If you can't find it for a "reasonable price" then you should be willing to pay an unreasonable price. Or go without.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/hiviz-sw...130917015236:s

The link I posted above will lead you to a Tritium Front Night Sight made to fit the S&W "Shield" model, by "24/7" at a cost of $90.

I 'assumed' you would NOT be interested in trimming the M&P sights, but added the info as an option.
    I was trained in LE to only concentrate on the "Front Site" in a 'SD Shoot', where there is no time, which you may, in time, come to learn is the norm.

Night sights are not cheap, but they could easily save your life or the life of a loved one. If so, they will seem butt-cheap in hindsight.
    Taurahe likes this.

The link I posted above will lead you to a Tritium Front Night Sight made to fit the S&W "Shield" model, by "24/7" at a cost of $90.

I 'assumed' you would NOT be interested in trimming the M&P sights, but added the info as an option.
    I was trained in LE to only concentrate on the "Front Site" in a 'SD Shoot', where there is no time, which you may, in time, come to learn is the norm.

Night sights are not cheap, but they could easily save your life or the life of a loved one. If so, they will seem butt-cheap in hindsight.
    This here.....
    ~Daniel Webster

I went with xs, love them. No indication of them being out of stock on their website
    patri0t likes this.

OK, rookie question here. I have the xs big dots, but the rear isn't Tritium so it doesn't glow at night. Are you suggesting you don't need to see your rear sight? If I had it to do over again, I'd get the rear with Tritium as well.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Ordered a set of i dot pros, orange front (SW-245). I never think to order off of a manufacturers website, I am used to the archery world where most manufacturers do NOT sell directly so that people use their dealers. Found a coupon too!

When I say "a reasonable price" I mean not more than MSRP (probably should have said that instead). I found both sight sets for $100 plus before shipping, some as high as $120 before shipping. I find that price unreasonable and would go without or wait if that was the only place to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by askoop View Post
    Ordered a set of i dot pros, orange front (SW-245). I never think to order off of a manufacturers website, I am used to the archery world where most manufacturers do NOT sell directly so that people use their dealers. Found a coupon too!

When I say "a reasonable price" I mean not more than MSRP (probably should have said that instead). I found both sight sets for $100 plus before shipping, some as high as $120 before shipping. I find that price unreasonable and would go without or wait if that was the only place to find them.
    Reasonable is a relative term. The sight prices have been what they are for a long time so if you want them get them. Is worth quibbling over 20 dollars for something that may save your life ?

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    Christopher67 likes this.
    ~Daniel Webster

Sponsored Links