CZ 2075 RAMI D mini review

This is a discussion on CZ 2075 RAMI D mini review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Range update for the CZ 2075 RAMI D I'm not a pro and I don't have near as much experience as many people here, but ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: CZ 2075 RAMI D mini review

CZ 2075 RAMI D mini review

Range update for the CZ 2075 RAMI D

I'm not a pro and I don't have near as much experience as many people here, but here are my observations.

REALLY like this gun. It just fits my hand perfect. I like the grip and the recoil is very manageable.

First time with a DA/SA and I actually really like the DA. I like the SA of course but I think i was expecting to "hate" the DA based on so many people complaining about DA/SA first trigger pull in general.

I would classify the trigger as "heavier" than my shield but I personally liked it just fine. I probably dont have enough experience to be a trigger snob yet. I will wait until I put enough rounds through it to judge the trigger much more.

One thing that I really like is the capacity of 10+1 and the ability to carry 14+1 when not concealing. It is slightly thicker than the shield.

It's very well balanced since it's all steel/alloy. Doesnt feel top heavy like the Shield.

The sights are glow in the dark, 3 dot front and rear. Very visible.

One thing that i did find odd is that when i load the magazines full, there is a small rattle coming from the bottom of the magazine. I dont think its really anything thats a problem BUT if I'm walking around and its jingling like spurs I'm going to have to do something about it. Both magazines do it. It's very audible.

This was my second target. All the shots on the left side were from the first mag on this target. Then i got a good feel for it. Thats at about 10-11 yards.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Fun and easy to shoot. I love the decocker (no safety! woohoo!) and feel like the trigger weight is acceptable and safe.

rami and shield.jpgrami.jpgrami target.jpg

I'm surprised that i dont hear more about these. It will be my EDC starting tonight when I get home.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's a nice looking little pistol....enjoy it and congrats!

I knew you would love it. Mine replaced my G17. I love the way it feels in my hand and I shoot much better with it. Also it does not bounce casings off my forehead. :)
    Yarg28 likes this.

Probably my favorite compact 10rd pistol, right there. CZ 2075 RAMI BD (decocker) 9mm.

Good choice!

Wait ... Where's Clarkston_CZ? It's already been 10mins, and he's not here yet?
    Yarg28 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    I knew you would love it. Mine replaced my G17. I love the way it feels in my hand and I shoot much better with it. Also it does not bounce casings off my forehead. :)
    Not sure that I shoot any better. I cant wait to go put another 200 rds through it. If i wasnt at lunch today, id probably still be digging ammo out of my bag to shoot.

How much did it run you? I'd love to add a chubby little RAMI to the collection, but nobody has them in stock around here.

As for the rattle, that's normal for CZ mags. You could add a stronger mag spring to minimize it, but it'll probably still rattle a little when bumped around.

Quote Originally Posted by synx View Post
    How much did it run you?
    $545

Quote Originally Posted by Yarg28 View Post
    ... when I load the magazines full, there is a small rattle coming from the bottom of the magazine. I don't think it's really anything that's a problem, BUT if I'm walking around and its jingling like spurs I'm going to have to do something about it. Both magazines do it. It's very audible.
    S&W SD9VE and S&W SD40VE supposedly also rattle. After you filled the mag did you rap the flat side against a table to help seat the bullets better?

VIP Member
    Good choice!

I hope you enjoy it. Now you just need to start saving up for spare magazines. The tend to be a bit pricey. Just keep an eye on some of the online retailers, they do go on sale from time to time.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Love my Rami. Great firearm. It will fit Most holsters for the Smith and Wesson 40c

-from my phone... excuse spelling
    Yarg28 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Hi guys.

I've been busy with preparations for another Grand-Daughter, and a holster review:)

That RAMI BD report looks really good.

I'd like to pick up a BD next year, but you never know.

Factory Nites, and a very very safe decock lever make it the RAMI that I
    suggest people buy these days.

Even though some people do carry cocked and locked:

The RAMI safety lever is too small (and very thin) to really work (flip off) properly under stress..
    or even at the Range.

As for having to lower the hammer down on a live round, even the most experienced RAMI
    owner would have to admit that the decock lever of the RAMI BD is much safer.

Good luck with that nice BD.

KEV
    Yarg28 and Kennydale like this.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    S&W SD9VE and S&W SD40VE supposedly also rattle. After you filled the mag did you rap the flat side against a table to help seat the bullets better?
    Yes, I rapped them. The bullets are firmly in place. It's definitely something near bottom of the magazine.

Thanks for the review, it's a great little pistol. Check out my profile pic for the modified XD Pierce grip extention that gives (at least me) a full three finger grip.

My mags sometimes rattle when first loaded to full capacity, but I can always get them to settle out with a few smacks.
    Last edited by rwponline; September 20th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Those are nice.A friend of mine has the Rami P40.I've shot it once.That would seem to be ideal for edc.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Some people are hoping to see a RAMI .40 BD in 2014.
    Kennydale likes this.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links