My new mistress

My new mistress

This is a discussion on My new mistress within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; image.jpg Been searching for a SW1911SC for a while. One showed up in my local gun shop so I snapped it up. This will soon ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FiremanPaul

Thread: My new mistress

My new mistress

image.jpg
    Been searching for a SW1911SC for a while. One showed up in my local gun shop so I snapped it up. This will soon be my EDC to replace a Beretta 92F. Knew i was going to buy one soon as i could find one but hadn't got around to ordering a holster for it. Guess I need to get one picked out. The safety on the 92F rotates opposite the 1911 but that doesn't seem like it is going to be an issue for me. Just love the feel of this gun in the hand.
    warbirds likes this.

Very nice! Looks like a sweet little CCW gun.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

There's a little jealousy coming from this guy.. But don't mind me, congrats!
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition!

Be safe and enjoy.
    DCG

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanPaul View Post
    The safety on the 92F rotates opposite the 1911 but that doesn't seem like it is going to be an issue for me. Just love the feel of this gun in the hand.
    Since I'm a 1911er I will never buy any pistol that has a slide mounted safety. You're going to have to retrain your muscle memory. Keep pulling it from the holster and ride the safety out then disengage and point; re-holster and repeat about 1000 times. :D

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Since I'm a 1911er I will never buy any pistol that has a slide mounted safety. You're going to have to retrain your muscle memory. Keep pulling it from the holster and ride the safety out then disengage and point; re-holster and repeat about 1000 times. :D
    Or, just consider your holster the safety and leave the manual one off!

S&W sure makes some sexy 1911s.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Sponsor
    Not smart for a 1911. The pistol was designed to be carried "Cocked and Locked". Use it the way it was designed or be prepared for catastrophe.

Sweat pistol BTW. That one is on my short list!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    That's a nice looking pistol. I like the bobtail on it a lot. Should help with concealability. Well done.

Let us know how the first range trip turns out.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

DBS
    Handsome piece. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanPaul View Post
    image.jpg
    Been searching for a SW1911SC for a while. One showed up in my local gun shop so I snapped it up. This will soon be my EDC to replace a Beretta 92F. Knew i was going to buy one soon as i could find one but hadn't got around to ordering a holster for it. Guess I need to get one picked out. The safety on the 92F rotates opposite the 1911 but that doesn't seem like it is going to be an issue for me. Just love the feel of this gun in the hand.
    I have one with the stainless slide and like it a lot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379857947.644026.jpg

For your reading pleasure is recent my post. Discouraged---my-first-and-last-1911?
    Discouraged - my first and last 1911?. I'm over being po'd and can't wait to get it fixed.

Edit. Paul, one last thing, if you're new to 1911's as I was, beware of the dreaded "idiot scratch" when reinserting the slide lock/takedown lever upon reassembly.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Congrats.That's a nice looking S&W

As far as the safety, I've always thought of it as pushing forward through it instead of rotating it up. If I continue to think push forward through the safety on the 1911, it will just rotate down instead.

I will be glad to dispose of that nasty old Beretta for you.

VIP Member
    Very nice, congrats!

Cool gun enjoy it.

Links