Remington R1 - 1911 Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Remington R1 - 1911 Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, signing in from Southwest Ohio and am new to the forum. I am presently carrying a S&W 36 in a inside the waist ...

Thread: Remington R1 - 1911 Shoulder Holster

Question Remington R1 - 1911 Shoulder Holster

Hey everyone, signing in from Southwest Ohio and am new to the forum. I am presently carrying a S&W 36 in a inside the waist holster. This is an older 1950's model and is in like new condition! This one was a hand me down from my dad and I really don't want to bugger it up while in CC. I have a Remington R1 - 1911 I want to carry and now that cooler weather is moving in I desire to get a shoulder holster for the R1. I'm on a blood thinner so I usually keep my jacket/coat on when I'm out in about in cool weather. I'm looking at the cost of a leather rig (really do want leather) and they cost as much as a High-Point handgun! lol Does anyone reading this use a leather shoulder rig with a 1911 and if so could I get any advice? Later I hope to get a Ruger SR1911 CMD size so I'm thinking I should get a rig where I can change out the holster for the CMD size gun. Remington just came out with a Commander size 1911 but they'll have to get their head in the real world with the pricing as I think the Ruger has the nicer bells and whistles too but several hundred dollars cheaper than R1 Carry. Anyhow, advice on the rig I'm wanting to get?

full1911.jpg
    Remington R1

2. Remove Ads

Bianchi X15 Vertical or X16 horizontal could work,I carried a Colt Combat Commander in an X15 in the 80's off duty,but I didn't have to worry about open carry if I had to take my jacket off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Galco offers a serviceable shoulder rig in the Miami Classic II. I own one, but it sees very limited use as I find shoulder carry fairly uncomfortable for long periods of time. They work well for long driving trips.

Andrews Leather offers the nicest example I've seen, but the cost is equal to the quality.

Links