First time on range with my new gun

This is a discussion on First time on range with my new gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a S&W Bodygaurd. 380 because it will allow me to carry more regularily than my full size XDM 9mm. I am by no ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe

Thread: First time on range with my new gun

I bought a S&W Bodygaurd. 380 because it will allow me to carry more regularily than my full size XDM 9mm. I am by no means an expert shooter (i "flinch" or anticipate recoil sometimes). I am surprised how well i shot the small. 380. I shot it just as well or better than my 9mm at 7-25 feet. I expected the small gun to be more difficult to shoot because of the short sight radius and the short grip (pinky finger doesnt fit on the grip).

For those of you with more experience, does this sound surprising to you?

VIP Member
    No, but you will/should get used to the recoil of the 9mm and when you do you will/should become a better shot with it.

VIP Member
    I think you would be very suprised at how well you would shoot an M&P9C.... they are very easy to shoot easy to conceal and very accurate. I like the bodyguard 380, except for the super tiny grip. I just couldnt make it work for me, that and the loooooonngggg trigger.... just not my preference. Congrats on the new toy though. Remember, to shoot well, you have to shoot often...and slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    StormRhydr and ShooterGranny like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links