SCCY CPX Owners

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone out there have a SCCY? Any recent range reports? I have one but have not been able to get to the range lately due ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCY CPX Owners

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

SCCY CPX Owners

Anyone out there have a SCCY? Any recent range reports? I have one but have not been able to get to the range lately due to work and home chores, so I was wondering:

1. Do you have one?
    2. Are you happy with it?
    3. Have you had to use their Customer Service, and if so what was the result?
    4. Do you carry it for SD?
    5. How many rounds through it (approximate)?

Any other questions/comments you want to add to the list, feel free.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Anyone out there have a SCCY? Any recent range reports? I have one but have not been able to get to the range lately due to work and home chores, so I was wondering:

1. Do you have one?

1. Yes, cpx 1, pinned safety...
    2 Yes.
    3. 4 times so far. There CS is the best. Call them tell them what is the matter, they send the parts no questions asked.
    4. On occasion when I am feeling lazy..
    5. 500 thru it so far.

1. Do you have one?

1. Yup, CPX-2.
    2. Sure am.
    3. Nope, haven't had any issues. (Good to know about their CS though, Harryball)
    4. Occasionally
    5. 500 +/- , I've lost count since my GF has fell in love with it and has taken it out a few times without me.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    1. Yes, cpx 1, pinned safety...
    2 Yes.
    3. 4 times so far. There CS is the best. Call them tell them what is the matter, they send the parts no questions asked.
    4. On occasion when I am feeling lazy..
    5. 500 thru it so far.
    Can I ask why you have had to use their CS, especially with only 500 rounds through it so far?

Thanks!

1. Do you have one?

1) Yes I have one.
    2) Yes, I am very happy with it.
    3) Yes, for the reason of the slide not locking back on last round. They sent me new springs, new mag bases (flat and finger grip, 6 in total) and for my trouble, a new, third mag. They are the best!!
    4) Yes, most of the time now. The Don Hume J.I.T. holster for the P11 is PERFECT!
    5) 650+, with only the slide lock problem noted above. Absolutely no other problems. It has never failed to feed or fire and has never had a stovepipe.

It is such a great pistol, I wish that I would have bought two!
    I paid, $249, $16 s&h (really $8, I split the shipping with a friend who also got one) and $15 transfer fees.
    Some reviews talk about the harsh recoil. I haven't noticed it. In fact, I would compare it easily to my G19 in recoil.
    Here is a link to my one and only youtube video, shooting the CPX2, to show the recoil. Notice that I check the chamber at the end. That was before the slide lock problem was resolved. All ten rounds were standard pressure, SD rounds. It is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot well. I was able to consistently put 10 rounds inside of 4"-4.5" at 20'-25', shooting quickly. Not blazing fast, just quickly. About the same speed as in the video.
    Ignore the goofy hat...

Sccy CPX2...recoil - YouTube
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    Can I ask why you have had to use their CS, especially with only 500 rounds through it so far?

Thanks!
    Its a 285 dollar gun. I have broken the front site, slide lock spring, the safety and got the parts to disable the safety. I have the first gen, the newer generation are much more durable. Hope that helps....

To the CPX owners. Any of you shoot 147gr HP's in your gun?

1. Do you have one?

Don't own one, doesn't mean never will.

Here's their forum address SCCY FORUM

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    To the CPX owners. Any of you shoot 147gr HP's in your gun?
    Yes..They run fine. The recoil is pretty good with them as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Yes..They run fine. The recoil is pretty good with them as well....
    Thanks for that. A Blue Label Gen 4 G26 is what I really want next...but we'll see how the next few months go money-wise.

1. Do you have one?

1. Yes CPX 1
    2. Absolutely
    3. No I have not although i hear they are top notch
    4. Yes everyday it is my work gun due to its concealability
    5. About 400

The only thing i noticed was it was hard for me to chamber a round without slingshotting the slide but that wasnt much of an issue. I have since gotten it cerakoted in OD green and havent had any issues with it since its smooth as glass. 20130911_164642.jpg

1. Do you have one?

1. Had one but sold it for something more powerfull for tramping around in the mountains
    2. I was very happy can't say enough good things about it.
    3. Used their customer service had it converted from a CPX-1 to CPX-2 at no cost to me turn around time 2 weeks.
    4. I carried it every day
    5. I had over 3000 rounds through it without an issues.

I will buy another when I am done tramping around the mountains.
    Max
    USCG Ret.

happy SCCY owner

1. Do you have one?

I bought a SCCY a month ago. Price couldn't be beat. I've put about 150 rounds of 115 gr round ball ammo through it. Had two minor problems. One was the "sloppy" way the mag loaded. In other words, rounds were easily moveable once in the mag and (#2) the slide wouldn't lock back after the last round. I contacted the customer service via email. I had an answer back in 48 hours. They apologized but knew right away what caused BOTH problems. They simply said to remove the mag spring and turn it around 180 degrees so the high side of the spring was facing front. Once done, the problems were solved. Apparently this was a known problem in the manufacture of the mags. Also they cautioned NOT to shoot steel or aluminum casings through the gun ( so much for using my Tulammo). Last but not least, I carry this as my primary CCW. I'm using Liberty (formerly known as Halo) 50gr (that's right), 50 gr. JHP. They are Nickel plated Copper. See the YouTube vids on this stuff. You just might change to it! I'm not new to shooting but new to this forum.

1. Yes, CPX-2 (stainless)
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes, I had a magazine issue where it would not catch when loading. They sent a new magainze bottom. Fixed.
    4) Yes, I pocket carry this gun frequently. It is light, great trigger and holds 10 +1 rounds.
    5) 500 flawless rounds.

I only pocket carry and I have tried a lot of different 9mm guns (Kahr PM9, Kel-Tec PF9 & P11, Ruger LC9, Taurus 709). I found the Sccy CPX-2 to be better than the others when you factor in size, weight, reliability, shootability and capactity. Please be sure you get the 2nd gen models.

1. Do you have one?

1- yes - cpx2 blued
    2- yes - very happy. I usually carry a snub nose and the cpx2 is like a dao revolver - no safety, etc so the transition is very easy. it has a good dao trigger.
    3- yes - just to order spare mags - very professional
    4- occasionally
    5- 500 - zero issues. always goes bang, no FTFs, jams, etc.

it's not a target pistol but is more than accurate enough for defensive carry.
    on reassembly, make sure the takedown pin is fully seated. the manual cautions about this. if not fully seated, the slide will drag on the head of the pin. i always tap mine with a screwdriver handle to make sure. also, make sure the pin passes through the hole in the barrel lug. if you have the bbl all the way back it is possible that the pin will pass in front of the bbl lug, not through it.
    it's definitely a keeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links