Update: my SA 1911 is on its way home....

This is a discussion on Update: my SA 1911 is on its way home.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I called SA at lunch to see if they received my 1911....... It is already done and is shipping this afternoon. They logged it in ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 3 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By rocky

Thread: Update: my SA 1911 is on its way home....

Update: my SA 1911 is on its way home....

I called SA at lunch to see if they received my 1911....... It is already done and is shipping this afternoon. They logged it in on the 19th.

A quick list of work performed.....
    Replaced extractor
    Replaced ejector
    Replaced recoil springs
    Re parkerized frame and slide

And surprisingly they lowered and flared the ejection port free of charge..... All of this was covered under warranty too boot. I have to say I am very pleased. Can't wait to get it in the next couple of days and see it first hand ! It went in for ejection issues and is coming back a brand new gun

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    bmcgilvray, rocky and Aceoky like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Happy for you, but not fair. I sent my XDs in on the 28th of August, and going on 4 weeks this Thursday. Not a peep from SA.
    Obviously they were too busy working on your 1911 to fix my XDs.

Perhpas they send the XDs back to Croatia and they are waiting on the boat to be completely
    full before they set sail back to the U.S.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Don't forget to post up pictures!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Man thats great, your getting a custom gun at the stock price yippee!

So glad to hear this. They worked on your behalf to make things right.
    Aceoky likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Both warranty queries I had with my Springer 1911s were handled above and beyond my expectations as well. Outstanding firm to do business with.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Lead Moderator
    Good to hear. My one repair they did was quick turn around and a perfect fix.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Happy for you, but not fair. I sent my XDs in on the 28th of August, and going on 4 weeks this Thursday. Not a peep from SA.
    Obviously they were too busy working on your 1911 to fix my XDs.

Perhpas they send the XDs back to Croatia and they are waiting on the boat to be completely
    full before they set sail back to the U.S.
    I feel for you. When I spoke to SA Cs they said they had a separate line for the xds recall and were receiving hundreds of recall guns a day .... I had to put markings on my box so it didn't get put in the with recall guns when I shipped it. It sucks but I am sure it will be worth the wait . Given my experience this far I would not hesitate to buy another Springfield and I rank them right next to ruger

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

This is they type of report we all hope for , doing it right and to value the consumer (as it should always be - but often is not)

Links