SCCY CPX-2: smaller than G26 but same capacity?

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX-2: smaller than G26 but same capacity? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; According to the numbers I've seen the SCCY CPX-2 is shorter (4.0" vs 4.17") and thinner (1.0" vs 1.18") than the G26. But, has the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-2: smaller than G26 but same capacity?

According to the numbers I've seen the SCCY CPX-2 is shorter (4.0" vs 4.17") and thinner (1.0" vs 1.18") than the G26. But, has the same capacity of 10 rounds. Is this correct? Any idea where they found the room to squeeze in he additional rounds?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I don't know but I have one and love it.
    blitzburgh and gun_bushido like this.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I want ONE. (Maybe they'll make a .40 or .45)

I too have one and would recommend it to anybody. I'm not sure if there's larger mags available for it, though.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, I had been planning on getting a G26 but really shot it dreadfully last weekend and have been reanalyzing my options. Now I'm kind of focused on a Bersa BP9cc. If I did that I would save a bunch of cash compared to the Glock and figured I might try out a SCCY, too. lol The numbers didn't seem to be adding up, though, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any insight.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

10 each. I have own(ed) two of each at various times:

CPX:

Barrel Length: 3.1"
    Height: 4"
    Length: 5.7"
    Width: 1"
    Weight: 15oz

G26:

It's the width..........the G26 has more polymer, hence thicker

See the weights too.
    DJC7 and lionround like this.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I have had both G-26 and G-19's. That being said the G-19 shoots great! (I actually shot better scores with it than my duty G-17). I would look hard at the G-19 which IMHO is not a whole lot harder to conceal than the G-26 with the added benefit of (5) extra rds. Good luck!
    DJC7 likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I have had both G-26 and G-19's. That being said the G-19 shoots great! (I actually shot better scores with it than my duty G-17). I would look hard at the G-19 which IMHO is not a whole lot harder to conceal than the G-26 with the added benefit of (5) extra rds. Good luck!
    Thanks! I really want the G19, but I'm just nervous about the thickness and height making it a bit too difficult/uncomfortable for me to want to carry anywhere and everywhere I'll legally be able to. So, I was thinking I'd go thin and a bit shorter with my first carry gun and work up in size if I feel I can.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

The SCCY is a blatant copy of the Keltec P11 and the exact same size. Here is my P11 next to a Glock 26....mucho smaller and lighter and still holds 10 rounds of 9mm. P11 makes a great ankle gun.

DJC7 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Glocks are thicker because their mags are thicker. They are steel reinforced polymer. The polymer protects the steel from dings, while the steel gives the polymer more strength. The thinner pistols use bare steel mags, which are thinner but arguably more prone to damage in hard use.
    DJC7 and 5lima30ret like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I had a SCCY CPX-2 can't say enough good things about it. Unfortunetly I sold it to buy my my Ruger Alaskan as I find myself out in the woods more since I retired and felt the need for something a little more powerful than the 9mm.
    DJC7 likes this.
    Max
    USCG Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    The SCCY is a blatant copy of the Keltec P11 and the exact same size. Here is my P11 next to a Glock 26....mucho smaller and lighter and still holds 10 rounds of 9mm. P11 makes a great ankle gun.

I agree that the SCCY CPX is an copy of the P11.
    My brother has a P11 and I have a CPX2. They are nearly (99.8%) identical. That said, I like the SCCY better, and we both shoot the SCCY better. That does not make my brother too happy. We both paid the same, $250, though he has had his about 1 1/2 years now. Me, I've had the CPX2 since 7-3-13.
    The P11, like every Kel-Tec that I have or have seen, needs to be smoothed out (literally) with sand paper to remove mould/seam marks.
    The CPX2, the two that I have handled, is fine right out of the box. For some unknown reason, everyone that I know, that handles and shoots both the P11 and CPX2, shoots the CPX2 much better! Is it the barrel, the lock-up, or what? We can't figure it out. I can easily keep 10 rounds inside 4" at 21'-25' shooting pretty quickly. Over 650, 100% trouble free rounds down range now. Closer to 700+ now, as I put another 50-60 through it on Tuesday.

The CPX2 now shares carry duty with my G19. Most often, it's the CPX2 that I reach for first.
    DJC7 likes this.
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    I agree that the SCCY CPX is an copy of the P11.
    My brother has a P11 and I have a CPX2. They are nearly (99.8%) identical. That said, I like the SCCY better, and we both shoot the SCCY better. That does not make my brother too happy. We both paid the same, $250, though he has had his about 1 1/2 years now. Me, I've had the CPX2 since 7-3-13.
    The P11, like every Kel-Tec that I have or have seen, needs to be smoothed out (literally) with sand paper to remove mould/seam marks.
    The CPX2, the two that I have handled, is fine right out of the box. For some unknown reason, everyone that I know, that handles and shoots both the P11 and CPX2, shoots the CPX2 much better! Is it the barrel, the lock-up, or what? We can't figure it out. I can easily keep 10 rounds inside 4" at 21'-25' shooting pretty quickly. Over 650, 100% trouble free rounds down range now. Closer to 700+ now, as I put another 50-60 through it on Tuesday.

The CPX2 now shares carry duty with my G19. Most often, it's the CPX2 that I reach for first.
    Its no coincidence that the SCCY and P11 are similar. SCCY guys are all former Keltec employees. The first gen of the SCCY's were disasters, and most gun stores quit selling them.
    The newer SCCY models are reliable, but it took them a few years to get the bugs out. I agree that the SCCY is finished much nicer than the P11's, and for the price, I'd go with the SCCY
    today instead of the Keltec. I use my first P11 as a Duracoat/Ceracote testing ground. Nothing could look worse than a blued P11....nothing.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

So, here's a question for everyone. If you were in my situation (already own a P-95 but find it too big to conceal) would you rather have a G26/19 or a BP9CC + SCCY CPX-2? Obviously, the ultimate decision is up to me and I'm the one who has to live with it, but was wondering what others thought. I might get some good thoughts I hadn't considered for or against either option.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

As much as I like my CPX-2, it's no Glock. I'd go with the G26/19 combo.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links