First day Carrying the Glock 30S

This is a discussion on First day Carrying the Glock 30S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, first day carrying the G30S to the office. Little bit bigger, 3 oz heavier than my G27 (loaded) First thing to get used to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: First day Carrying the Glock 30S

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

First day Carrying the Glock 30S

Well, first day carrying the G30S to the office. Little bit bigger, 3 oz heavier than my G27 (loaded) First thing to get used to is feeling it a bit more in my back as I sit at my desk. G27 had damn near never crossed my mind when sitting,standing etc but this beast is a little more felt. Going to put the first rounds through it tomorrow at a local range to gain some comfort with the platform as Ive never had a lick of issue with the G27. Anyone who runs the G27,G26 platform will be happy to know that the kydex/leather hybrid holsters like Crossbreed, etc fit this 30S perfectly with retention that was the same as I had with the 27 in it. Updates to follow tomorrow after the firing test
    Aceoky and DoctorBob like this.

2. Remove Ads

Nice. I'm waiting on my PJ holster so I can start carrying mine.
    Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 30S

PJ holster specific to the 30S? How does it look?

Yep, specific to the G30S. I ordered the "traditional" IWB holster. I assume it looks like the traditional ones pictured on the webiste. The normal cant he makes them with is 15 degrees (FBI).
    Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 30S

VIP Member
    I realize it's a Glock, but I wouldn't carry any gun I had not had to the range and function checked.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I am a GLOCK aficionado. I trust my GLOCK pistols entirely. With that being said, I also know that "GLOCK Perfection" is a myth. No production line is entirely error free and even the best Quality Control will miss the occasional problem.

Check that gun out as soon as possible before YOU discover the rare lemon - the hard way.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I encountered the exact same problem with I switched from the G27 to my G30S. I started carrying high and more towards 4:00 instead of low and 5:30. That took care of it.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I realize it's a Glock, but I wouldn't carry any gun I had not had to the range and function checked.
    You are so right and would not have proceeded to do so if I wasnt ansy about seeing how it felt in the holster. Excellent point and well taken.

These responses are exactly why Im a member here.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm just going to stick with my G23 and G27 for the round count and weight difference...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I wish you luck. I had a 30SF and really wanted it to work for me but I found it too uncomfortable despite trying 3 holsters. I also found the Glock 36 to be about the same size as my Glock 19 which I use for home defense. I am going to try a Colt Defender next. I pretty much have replaced all my double stack carry guns with single stack because after buying 40 guns in the last 3 years, the single stacks are the most comfortable for me. Wish I could carry a Glock but after buying and trying 7 of them, it just isn't going to happen for me.
    Aceoky likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I just started carrying my G30sf and don't find it uncomfortable. I carry it in a custom leather iwb holster. I like to carry low and around 3:30, and the holster seems not high or low, but comfortable. When shopping for the gun, I compared the 30s and the 30sf and found the size made no noticeable difference in a holster. The 30s was already taken so I took the sf with no reservations. By the way, my holster is the Segretto from DefensiveLineLeathers and I love it. Great quality, good price and quick shipping.

I took a serious look at the 30S ...great concept..but I really couldn't see owning a 36 and a 30S...so I purchased a Gen 4 21..with my pancake ..the 21-4 rides great...carries as well as my 23...I just can't give up my ole 36..

I love my 30S as well. It does impart slightly more pressure points compared to the 19 or 26 due to its thicker frame. But once I got used to it, it didn't feel too different from my 9mm Glocks. And yes all my G19 holsters fit the 30S with no issue!

My Glock-30SF is one in a family of six...I do sometimes carry it.
    Having a variety of Glocks, I have choices...and the 30 is a great firearm, but my 36 is noticeably lighter when carrying all day...I just do worry about only having 6 + 1 because the "lesser' weight feels better.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links