Tisas Tactical 2

This is a discussion on Tisas Tactical 2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a 1911, for a shooter... maybe something to add to the home defense arsenal, but probably not replacing the Glock 19 which ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TahoeDust
  • 1 Post By OJDerrick

Thread: Tisas Tactical 2

Tisas Tactical 2

I'm looking for a 1911, for a shooter... maybe something to add to the home defense arsenal, but probably not replacing the Glock 19 which is basically a part of my right hip. I just love shooting 1911s and hate not having one. Plus I have a whole shoe box full of WC 47D mags that are collecting dust.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5_walnut_grips

These are less than 500 bucks. They have the ubiquitous features people tend to like on 1911s and have really good reviews so far.

Does anyone happen to own one? I have never paid less than about $700 for a 1911 (unless you include the Llama I bought, which was junk, that I donated to a broke friend who loves 1911s) even before gun prices went up and even those required some gunsmithing to work the way I like. 500 isn't that much money, but I wouldn't want to waste it. Guidance from someone who's owned, shot or at least handled one would be appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of Turkish made guns. Think of spending a little more for quality, Ruger SR1911 is a very good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Turkish made guns. Think of spending a little more for quality, Ruger SR1911 is a very good bet.
    Do you have specific experience with Turkish-made firearms that leads you to this conclusion? I'm looking at cheaper guns because this will be a "toy" so to speak. I may have it worked on or swap out parts over time to make it work better but it will likely never be the sole means of deadly force at my disposal. If your opinion, that a Ruger-brand handgun, would be a step up in quality is based on any sound reasoning then I'm definitely not purchasing one of these. Ruger makes a nice little .22 rifle. I'll just leave it at that...

I bought the bone stock tisas GI model and outfitted it with some Colt and Wilson Combat stuff... gun shoots great. Only thing I would do, honestly, is get a trigger job and stuff to lighten up the grip safety and trigger pull. Other than that, the gun is a total tack driver.

Before on Bottom and after on top

In that price range I think I would go RIA.
    blitzburgh and WC145 like this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I finally got to look over MANY imported 1911s today at the gun show and
    for the first time saw and fondled the Tisas and all I can say is its a 500.00 gun and worth
    about 400 bucks.....You can do way better for your hard earned cash for about 100-150 more than
    what Tisas are selling for

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    for the first time saw and fondled the Tisas and all I can say is its a 500.00 gun and worth
    about 400 bucks.....You can do way better for your hard earned cash for about 100-150 more than
    Thanks all for the input so far. I'm getting the answers I was afraid of getting! I have handled the RIA 1911s and those seem like a bargain. The only thing that turns me off about those is the gaudy brand name roll marked into the slide and the crude, faux skeletonized trigger--it would need work right away. The Tisas is in the same price range. However, if it's deficient compared to the RIA, The RIA would work.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    I paid 350. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    Translation: Buy American.
    sonnycrocket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    I'm looking for a 1911, for a shooter... maybe something to add to the home defense arsenal, but probably not replacing the Glock 19 which is basically a part of my right hip. I just love shooting 1911s and hate not having one. Plus I have a whole shoe box full of WC 47D mags that are collecting dust.

Tisas 1911-A2 Rail 45 ACP 5" Walnut Grips

These are less than 500 bucks. They have the ubiquitous features people tend to like on 1911s and have really good reviews so far.

Does anyone happen to own one? I have never paid less than about $700 for a 1911 (unless you include the Llama I bought, which was junk, that I donated to a broke friend who loves 1911s) even before gun prices went up and even those required some gunsmithing to work the way I like. 500 isn't that much money, but I wouldn't want to waste it. Guidance from someone who's owned, shot or at least handled one would be appreciated!

Never heard of it; I'd check with those that have and look up reports of it on Google before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    Thanks all for the input so far. I'm getting the answers I was afraid of getting! I have handled the RIA 1911s and those seem like a bargain. The only thing that turns me off about those is the gaudy brand name roll marked into the slide and the crude, faux skeletonized trigger--it would need work right away. The Tisas is in the same price range. However, if it's deficient compared to the RIA, The RIA would work.
    I can hardly see my roll mark and I'm nothing but pleased with my RIA. Not the best picture, but even in perfect light, it's not nearly as "in your face" as the ones I keep seeing in shops now (I'm guessing they're newer ones?) I'm also no 1911 expert either.
    Attached Images
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    I paid 350. LOL

u did well
    400 is what I thought they are worth,coming from Turkey I am guessing it costs
    them 150 a pop to make if that

The Turks make good boats but I don't think there's enough info on these 1911s out there for me to chance my money on one. If you need a solid, low buck 1911 I also suggest going with a RIA. They've been proven to be well built, accurate, and reliable with terrific customer service. I don't think you can do any better in that price range.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

If you can find one the Springfield armory Gi 1911 is awesome ... Got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. My next choice would be a RIA .... For the money they are an outstanding value.... I compared one to my Springfield and they were right on par in every way. I agree the logo on the slide is horrible but a little dura coat will fix that. A RIA in 9mm is on my short list.

As a side note if you can find a Springfield mil spec grab it .. Same as Gi but has better sights, lowered an flared ejection port and a better trigger

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'd probably get the S&W M&P 45c if I had a striker fire already.

But I'd probably start with an American Classic 1911, then an ATI, then RIA, only because I don't like parkarized slides. The American Classic comes in real blue.

Beautiful Tisas:
    T?SA? - TRABZON GUN INDUSTRY CORP.
    T?SA? - TRABZON GUN INDUSTRY CORP.
    Too bad they aren't imported.

I saw a Regent R350 this past weekend - $399. 'Made by Tisas'. It didn't look bad. But it felt like it weighed 36 oz. No flared ejection port - looked more like the GI version. Regent Arms 1911 Handgun | - R350CR

I'd visit a local gun show and see what is available.

Youtube Tisas: tisas - YouTube.

Links