Looking at buying a FNS 9 mm

This is a discussion on Looking at buying a FNS 9 mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was wondering if anyone here has anything to say about the FNS 9mm by FNH? Looking into one. How will it compare to my Glock ...

Thread: Looking at buying a FNS 9 mm

Looking at buying a FNS 9 mm

Was wondering if anyone here has anything to say about the FNS 9mm by FNH? Looking into one. How will it compare to my Glock 19?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have not shot the FN, but have held one, and were it not for the fact that they do not make one in .357 sig I would own one.
    I have shot a G19.
    My main EDC's are a S&W .357sig c and a Sig SP .357sig 2340, which is almost size comparable to the FN as well.
    They are big pistols, but not too much bigger than your G19.
    It will outshoot your Glock all things considered equal.
    They are IMHO a better, more solid feeling firearm. YMMV
    Go to the FN website and you will quickly realize you are NOT dealing with a rinky-d i n k company.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Folks on the other sites I visit have a LOT of good to say on the FN 9mm FNX, I was reading on the best values on sidearms under $600. this a.m. and saw the FN9 reviewed on this site: Best Bang for your Buck | Pistols | Ballistics 101 They seem to have some decent input.

It is a good source for ammo comparison, too. I use it to pick my carry ammo by comparing "ft-lbs of energy" between loads. Then is the job of deciding bullet config.

The FN9 is very tempting.

I have a FNX9 and FN45 tactical and they are excellent handguns. The 45 is my home defense handgun. They are high quality and well worth the money. Both shoot very well with nice triggers. You won't conceal carry them, at least not easily.

I am eying up their FNX 40. The FNS 40 Longslide was recently chosen by the Baltimore County Sheriff's Dept as their new service firearm. Baltimore County Police Department Adopts FN FNS-40 LS as Duty Pistol

I have seen listings for the models followed by a C for compact and a reference to a barrel length of 3.58 " (?) with a 12 round capacity.. Don't know if that is a future speculation or not I would definitely try acquire one.

I have an FNS9 and love it.

I don't have much experience with a g19, but I will say I believe it to be a better pistol than my g17.

The FN was my carry gun for quite some time. However, the g17 won out due to widespread market acceptance. More holster choices and magazines with the glock. The FN is still one of my favorite pistols to shoot. If you get one you will not be disappointed.

I got one of the early models with the manual safety. Later models came without one.

FNX9 is my edc. I can shoot it well... love the ambi controls (wrong-handed), and can conceal it well (5'11", 203Lbs). The grip is intense... but I can shoot for two hours straight without discomfort. Short story long... do it if you like it. You won't be sorry.

Sponsor
    I've owned an fns9 for over a year. Carried and shot it for 8-9 months with no issues. I bought it because I could gain another round per second with it over the glock 17 I normally carried [ 5-6 rds per second on threat vs the glock at 4-5 rds a second on threat ]. The fns9 is a well made ultra reliable striker fired handgun. I went back to the g17 after some time, but the fns9 is still in the rotation.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I own the FNS9 and love to shoot it.
    Remarkably accurate and reliable.
    I like it so well I bought another as a gift to my son.
    It is nothing fancy or flashy but just shoots and shoots round after round.

Would like to get one myself. I've carried the FNP9 for several years. It's the only hammer-fired auto pistol I have.

I can tell you, as these other good folks have, FN makes a fine pistol. Well balanced, fast on target, and reliable. Eats anything you feed it, from Win. white box fmj to dollar-a-bullet defense rounds.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. Gonna take my wife down and let her handle it and see how she likes it for maybe here EDC. She chose my Glock 19 over my 26 but it seems it's a bit big in her hand.

Links