Ug, did I Rollo my LCP? :(

This is a discussion on Ug, did I Rollo my LCP? :( within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I took my LCP to the range today to run a few rounds through it. 1st and second mags were fine. On the first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ug, did I Rollo my LCP? :(

So I took my LCP to the range today to run a few rounds through it. 1st and second mags were fine. On the first round of the 3rd mag the take down pin popped about half way out. I pushed it back in and fired another three mags without any issue but now I am concerned. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happening?

EDIT - I just used a little google fu and have found a couple of threads talking about this issue :(

Thanks
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Is the retention spring (for the take down pin) still in place? 'Going on memory here, but you should be able to see the edge of a flat spring at the bottom of the hole.

My P3AT did that ... I pushed it back in, ignored the problem, and it wound up beveling the inside of it's hole in the frame. If it does it again, I'd suggest getting it serviced before shooting it again ... which reminds me, I STILL need to send my pistol back to Kel-Tec for that [grumbles about having to drive all the way to UPS hub and pay through the nose for overnight shipping].

Crap dude.

Try to never make a mistake so bad that they name it after you. (j/k know it's not your fault, but this is just ridiculous).
    blitzburgh likes this.

It is SO good to see you posting again.
    oneshot, Aceoky, Aceoky and 3 others like this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

It's a known bug (feature?) with the LCP. They fall out, they break. There's a guy on eBay that sells hardened replacements that feature a flathead screwdriver notch for takedown.

Ruger should have fixed this issue with the gen 2 edition.
    Aceoky and CeltKnight like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    SOoooooooooo!

What I'm hearing you say Rollo, is that, in fact, it is NOT S&W's fault?

Good luck with the LCP and hope all turns out well.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    So I took my LCP to the range today to run a few rounds through it. 1st and second mags were fine. On the first round of the 3rd mag the take down pin popped about half way out. I pushed it back in and fired another three mags without any issue but now I am concerned. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happening?

EDIT - I just used a little google fu and have found a couple of threads talking about this issue :(

Thanks
    I think you just came up with a new word for wikipedia/google search.

Here's the eBay listing. Looks like he's currently out of stock.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    I think you just came up with a new word for wikipedia/google search.
    Nope, that's an oldie but a goodie!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Is the retention spring (for the take down pin) still in place? 'Going on memory here, but you should be able to see the edge of a flat spring at the bottom of the hole.
    If it is what I think you are talking about then yes, I think it is still there
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    It is SO good to see you posting again.
    LOL. I'm not quite sure how to take that. One the one hand I am glad your happy to see me posting. On the other hand when I AM posting it's usually because I managed to break something...
    Aceoky, Hopyard and CeltKnight like this.

My understanding is that this is a common problem with pocket 380s. The bodyguard series has the same issue. As long as you didn't lose anything, it should be fine, but once it works its way out, it tends to do it again (at least that is my understanding, but I am relying mostly on my bodyguard experience/research).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I have the opposite problem. I normally have to push it out from the opposite side, its pretty tight.

I was on the range today with my LCP and it did the exact same thing -- take down pin came out about 1/3 of the way while running though 100 rounds. Had to stop shooting,clear the gun, and push the pin back in. Prior to today's range trip, I had barely 125 rounds though this gun. I found the incident to be very disconcerting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links