SR22 size and style, .380 or 9mm power...

This is a discussion on SR22 size and style, .380 or 9mm power... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really like the look and feel of my wife's SR22. The grip size is just right for me in a sub compact size. I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SR22 size and style, .380 or 9mm power...

I really like the look and feel of my wife's SR22. The grip size is just right for me in a sub compact size. I'd love to carry something similar, but not in .22. I like a DA/SA trigger the most, and so many sub compacts and micros are DAO or striker fired. My current edc is a Sig p250 sc in 9mm. It's a great gun, I also have the .45 FS kit that I carry from time to time. I love the trigger and capacity of them both. But sometimes I want something even lighter and smaller. Most likely this will be ankle carried as a BUG.

I've rented the LCP, LC9, and a Kahr PM9. On all of them the grip was either too short, too narrow, or both for my liking. The PM9 was my favorite of the 3, but the grip felt too boxy for me. I don't like the PPK look, want something with a more tactical look.

So what other pistols should I look in to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

By the guns you like I would suggest, PPS, CZ 75 P01, HK2000sk, sig p239 any of these would serve you well the actual guns you mentioned IMHO are to finicky to CC sorry did not see you wanted to ankle carry, I would think a J frame would be best. I have never done that but many I served with did an used jframes.

DBS
    PPS
    Shield
    XDs

Maybe time to look at a revolver
    StormRhydr likes this.

Try a Shield

Sounds like you need to look into a Walther PPK. Well, on second thought it's not very tactical looking but at the end of the day does that really matter?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Sounds like you need to look into a Walther PPK. Well, on second thought it's not very tactical looking but at the end of the day does that really matter?
    While the PPK is a cool looking gun, it's not the look I'm into right now. I know looks aren't really that important, but that seems to be one of the first things many of us look into.

I have considered a J frame. Seems like it would fit the carry location perfect and offer plenty of power.

For me there's just something about that SR22. If Ruger made an SR380 I'd own one in a second.

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

In .380, I'd suggest taking a look at a Walther PK380.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot one, and I was rather impressed--much to my surprise.

It's the same size as the P-22, which is very similar to the SR-22...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Ankle carry = dirty = revolver
    5lima30ret likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Ankle carry = dirty = revolver
    The dirt factor is something I hadn't really considered. I'm a mechanic by day, a pizza delivery guy by night, and am always into some sort of outdoor work or activity in the meantime. I don't have to go looking for dirt, it finds me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    While the PPK is a cool looking gun, it's not the look I'm into right now. I know looks aren't really that important, but that seems to be one of the first things many of us look into.

I have considered a J frame. Seems like it would fit the carry location perfect and offer plenty of power.

You think a Jframe is a better looking gun then a PPK?!?!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    The dirt factor is something I hadn't really considered. I'm a mechanic by day, a pizza delivery guy by night, and am always into some sort of outdoor work or activity in the meantime. I don't have to go looking for dirt, it finds me.

Have you considered pocket carry for your BUG? Sounds like it might keep the gun cleaner for you. Plus, easier to access while on the move...though ankle carry is nice while seated.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Have you looked at the LC380 new this year.
    Pkupmn98 likes this.

I think ankle carry would be less than ideal while delivering pizzas... pocket carry would be way faster.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Ruger SR9C
    Ghost1958 and BradL like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links