Springfield XD(M) malfunction?

This is a discussion on Springfield XD(M) malfunction? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today, I took my new XDM (9mm) to the range. Accuracy, it fired like a champ, spot on. Twice, however, the slide failed to lock ...

Today, I took my new XDM (9mm) to the range. Accuracy, it fired like a champ, spot on. Twice, however, the slide failed to lock to the rear after I emptied a magazine. Rounds ejected, no hangers. Is this something I should be concerned about? I've never had this happen to any other semi auto before.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

It has nothing to do with the gun, it's all in how you're gripping the gun. I have the same issue, it seems that if you have your thumb in the right spot it keeps the slide release from moving up and locking the slide back. Clear your gun and put an empty mag in and watch the slide release movement as it locks the slide back, any obstruction of that movement will keep the slide from locking back. I haven't found a good solution other than watching where my thumb sits.

Links