So I rented a Gen 4 Glock 26 for myself today...

This is a discussion on So I rented a Gen 4 Glock 26 for myself today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Girlfriend had all the fun last time. Such a cool little pistol, I couldn't resist, and the local place's rental fees are super cheap ($5), ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: So I rented a Gen 4 Glock 26 for myself today...

  1. #1
    Member Array ChrisATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    336

    So I rented a Gen 4 Glock 26 for myself today...

    Girlfriend had all the fun last time. Such a cool little pistol, I couldn't resist, and the local place's rental fees are super cheap ($5), and this is the first time I'd gotten to seriously work with a subcompact.

    Threw the target back to 45 feet (max of this indoor range) and the smile never left my face. I did several fast strings as well, you can see by the target.

    At 45 feet the sight picture is way high for me. Definitely need to be more careful and adjust next time. Loving these Glocks more and more every time I get to play with one! I really had no problem with the trigger or the lack of a pinky grip. I treated the trigger like it was a 1911 in which I had already taken up pretravel, pulling the pad straight toward my chest and consciously keeping everything else isolated. I actually ended up liking the feel.

    The RSO was a little surprised at the group from 45 feet and a sub-3.5" barrel. So was I :)


  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array Kennydale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Posts
    3,264
    I looked the range up, they're "5 for $5" policy is neat. Smart way to sell a gun. Good shooting with your new Glock.
    ChrisATX likes this.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array Old_Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,165
    Try the Glock 19. I always keep coming back to it. I am on my third one. I tried the 26 four times. Two of those times it was jamming out of the box. Yes, Glocks do jam and this was confirmed by the gun store owner who gave me a refund both times. The 19's longer barrel is hidden down your pants so it is not a concealability factor. It does have a longer grip but so many people who carry the 26 end up putting extended mags or grip extenders on it making the grip close to the size of the 19.
    bigpapa likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

  5. #4
    Member Array ChrisATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I looked the range up, they're "5 for $5" policy is neat. Smart way to sell a gun. Good shooting with your new Glock.
    They are VERY UN-LGS like if that makes sense, extremely courteous, professional, the range is affordable, so are the rentals, comfortable, and kept immaculate. They don't gouge you for ammo (costs the same as if you were buying retail locally, $25 a box for .45 ACP), and it's not garbage either (all Federal). It's a pleasure, a relaxing break from the day, to go there. It's the polar opposite of Red's in Pflugerville, which I won't turn my nose up at, but my girlfriend doesn't really feel safe shooting there if that tells you anything (if you've never been). We've seen some poor judgement and safety there go uncorrected too often. Plus they charge over $30 for 50 rounds of .45 ACP.

    Not a new Glock yet, but I'm pretty sure this will be the one.

  6. #5
    Member Array ChrisATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Try the Glock 19. I always keep coming back to it. I am on my third one. I tried the 26 four times. Two of those times it was jamming out of the box. Yes, Glocks do jam and this was confirmed by the gun store owner who gave me a refund both times. The 19's longer barrel is hidden down your pants so it is not a concealability factor. It does have a longer grip but so many people who carry the 26 end up putting extended mags or grip extenders on it making the grip close to the size of the 19.
    Thanks Old_Dog, we are actually renting the 19 this weekend. So I will definitely give it a try. I'd like to rent anything multiple times to get a feel for it and see how fast/steep the learning curve is. Haven't taken the plunge just yet. No CCW yet, and my brick sh*thouse 1911 is a tack driver that I'm very comfortable with for home defense.

  7. #6
    Member Array wondering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    288
    I'm no expert marksman by any stretch but I own a G26 and it handles recoil like a dream (including +P ammo). It's extremely accurate and handles recoil well and considering that it has 10 rounds in such a small package, it is a considerable amount of firepower in a small package. At first I was wary of not having my pinky on the grip while firing but I don't notice it at all while firing.

    I'm waiting on a FIST #1A to arrive, but I've been carrying it in a Remora and it disappears under any clothing and with jeans or shorts and I don't notice it while driving. I'm 6' 0" 165 and didn't even need to upsize my clothes.

    Having said all that...I'd love to give a G19 a whirl!
    ChrisATX likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array bigpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    950
    I rented both of the 19 and 26 I shot both well so I liking them so well I have the G19 4gen with the factory night sight on layaway now. I'm waiting on my holster and talon grip to come in and then I will go and pick it up. Like someone said rent the 19 but either one are awesome to get, good luck.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,403
    I enjoy shooting the sub compact Glocks. I find them to be very comfortable to shoot.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

    --- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array Stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    PRM
    Posts
    2,639
    Welcome to the dark side......in advance
    DetChris likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array Hoplyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    641
    Go to the gun shop , buy the Glock 26 and your journey to the dark side shall be complete.
    DetChris likes this.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array bigpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    950
    A lot of people don't like glock, and that's okay but I had a XDmc 3.8 9mm on layaway first and when I went back to change it to the glock 19 the two guys said no, you're making a mistake but if you want to do that they will do what I want. I think that I will enjoy it I've already rented it to the GS and like it very much.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

  13. #12
    Member Array CZRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    132
    The only thing the 19 has over the 3.8 Compact is less weight. Don't do it. The S'field stock trigger is much better.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisATX View Post
    Thanks Old_Dog, we are actually renting the 19 this weekend. So I will definitely give it a try. I'd like to rent anything multiple times to get a feel for it and see how fast/steep the learning curve is. Haven't taken the plunge just yet. No CCW yet, and my brick sh*thouse 1911 is a tack driver that I'm very comfortable with for home defense.
    I carry the G19. I don't know your body type, but I'm about 5'9" or 10" and 160 pounds. I was surprised at how well I can conceal the G19 despite the longer grip. I carry it AIWB, and have no problems with concealment. If I'm wearing a dressier shirt with khakis and my shirt is tucked in, I carry at about 5 o'clock. It conceals great in that position when I'm wearing dressier clothes.

    Driving it's a pain in AIWB, but in GA if you don't have a carry permit you have to have the gun open in your car, so (despite having the permit) I just place it on my console while I drive (the holster I use allows me to take it off and put it back on easily, without removing the gun from the holster).

    I love the G19. Love love love it. 16 rounds total; relatively small, easily conceable package; can't ask for much more. Shoots great.

    Though I am looking for a 26 when the 19 is difficult to conceal. So, thanks for your post and the information you provided!
    bigpapa likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    A lot of people don't like glock, and that's okay but I had a XDmc 3.8 9mm on layaway first and when I went back to change it to the glock 19 the two guys said no, you're making a mistake but if you want to do that they will do what I want. I think that I will enjoy it I've already rented it to the GS and like it very much.
    Funny that, when asking about a similar question at my gun store, the answer (by somebody who has been to several training courses with a Glock and shot literally thousands of rounds through it) said he would go with a Glock every day, and twice on sundays.
    bigpapa likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  16. #15
    Member Array G26Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I carry the G19. I don't know your body type, but I'm about 5'9" or 10" and 160 pounds. I was surprised at how well I can conceal the G19 despite the longer grip. I carry it AIWB, and have no problems with concealment. If I'm wearing a dressier shirt with khakis and my shirt is tucked in, I carry at about 5 o'clock. It conceals great in that position when I'm wearing dressier clothes.

    Driving it's a pain in AIWB, but in GA if you don't have a carry permit you have to have the gun open in your car, so (despite having the permit) I just place it on my console while I drive (the holster I use allows me to take it off and put it back on easily, without removing the gun from the holster).

    I love the G19. Love love love it. 16 rounds total; relatively small, easily conceable package; can't ask for much more. Shoots great.

    Though I am looking for a 26 when the 19 is difficult to conceal. So, thanks for your post and the information you provided!
    I loved the G19 which I carried since 1988 every day..... Until I bought a Gen 4 G26.... Which is everything a G19 is and more. Capacity can be the same but for me the clincher is that the G26 feels like an extension of your arm.
    Love both but G26 is ideal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ccw g26 gen 4 ccw forum
,
ccw gen 4 g26
,
g26 gen 4
,
g26 gen 4 jam
,
g26 p238
,
gen 4 glock 26
,

glock 26 gen 4

,
glock 26 gen 4 ccw
,
glock 26 gen 4 vs springfield xdm
,
glock 26 gen 4 vs springfield xds
,
glock26 gen 4
,
gluck 26 gen4
Click on a term to search for related topics.