Revolver EDC

This is a discussion on Revolver EDC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering how many just carry a revolver. I pocket carry a S&W 38. I also find it funny going into local gun shop. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Revolver EDC

Revolver EDC

I was wondering how many just carry a revolver. I pocket carry a S&W 38. I also find it funny going into local gun shop. You will find the older guys carry same way. So what do you carry and how.
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I carry at least a s&w 442 everyday. Love it. Easiest gun I've ever carried. I highly recommend a snubby for most occasions.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I often carry a SW 637 or a SW 640 Pro. Galco concealable OWB holster or N82 IWB for both, or an uncle Mike's pocket holster for the 637.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

If I'm carrying a revolver, nine times out of ten, it's as a back up gun (BUG).
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I've mostly carried a revolver over many years' time. I dabble with totin' 1911 guns, carried one fairly frequently for a few years, but love the simple reliability that I've observed in the Smith & Wesson or Colt revolver.

I try to avoid pocket carry if at all possible. Seems that I'm carrying that way with more frequency in recent years, having gotten out of business suits. De Santis Nemesis holsters get me by.

I guess I'm a card-carrying "older guy."
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I like my J frame 2 in 5 shot snubbies as a quick grab, especially in hot weather.
    Gotta love my Charter Arms "On Duty" with shrouded hammer & +P rated, at 13 oz. I carried a CA .357 Mag "Pug" for 12 years as an off-duty carry, but shot the bejeezers out of it.
    Now I have a 2in snubbie in .357 Mag at 17 oz, but I wonder how much powder burns 'after' it leaves the barrel, ought to be 3 inch ? Things a flame-thrower.

Sometimes you may not want to leave brass lying around. A snubbie makes an easy grab for running to the store & such.

Senior Moderator
    I carry wheel guns by choice, 9 times out of 10 I have a .357 on me
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Bmc, me to hard to beat that feelin of reaching down an grabbing the handle of a nice revolver. Love my

SP image.jpg

I just so easy to carry the J frame.

I Carry a Taurus M651, which is a SS .357 snubby. Easy to carry, and plenty of firepower. Equipped with a Crimson Trace, and usually carry via IWB or Smart Carry.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    J frames are not the easiest to aim, but point shoot just fine inside 10'. I resisted for the longest time, arguing the size didn't make sense. Single stack autos are slimmer, often hold more rounds, reload faster...

Then I realize how easy it is t pocket carry or IWB. Now, I carry a 442 often. Not EDC, but regularly. As a BUG, it couldn't get easier. I actually like it better than a spare mag.
    bmcgilvray and BigJon10125 like this.

what holster ?

Hello, I have the same gun and was wondering how you carry yours? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I carry at least a s&w 442 everyday. Love it. Easiest gun I've ever carried. I highly recommend a snubby for most occasions.

I'm a newbie CCW holder and have been carrying a S&W 442 Pro (moon clip) in a Remora until I can decide on a position and cant that works well for me and then will most likely get a leather IWB holster (though I've had no issues with the Remora). My wife has taken a liking to my 442, so I have been trying to decide if I should try out a small, single stack pistol. I've been leaning towards a Walther PPS as I have trouble with button mag releases due to a thumb injury years ago. I don't have that issue with a revolver obviously, so we might be a two 442 family soon.

BS

I carry a 605 inside the waist band. With a speed loader.

Well I have had Glock 22,23,26,36 sig p 226,238,2022,938 ruger Lcp 380 keltec PF9 PT9. Spring field 1911-a1 45. Taurus TCP 380. I still would rather have my 637 Gun Smoke. The trigger job from smith is nice and easy. I can it with it no problem 25 ft

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links