How do you like your Sig 938 and what did it replace?

This is a discussion on How do you like your Sig 938 and what did it replace? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am selling my CM9 and looking at a Sig 938 to replace it. I did a search on this site and did not find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How do you like your Sig 938 and what did it replace?

How do you like your Sig 938 and what did it replace?

I am selling my CM9 and looking at a Sig 938 to replace it. I did a search on this site and did not find many threads about the 938. Since it is a relatively new gun, I am wondering how happy people with theirs or if there have been any issues-since a new gun model usually brings along baggage.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    I am selling my CM9 and looking at a Sig 938 to replace it. I did a search on this site and did not find many threads about the 938. Since it is a relatively new gun, I am wondering how happy people with theirs or if there have been any issues-since a new gun model usually brings along baggage.
    You're kidding right???
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Search for "P938"
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

mkh
    Check out the Sig Forum at Sigforum.com
    Last edited by mkh; October 5th, 2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Fixed link

My 938 replaced a Diamondback DB9. Quite an upgrade, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    You're kidding right???
    Ah...no. For some reason a simple search of "Sig 938" or "938" finds nothing. As you pointed out, you need the "P938" to get any matches. I will also check out the Sig Forum, but I like this forum as it is open and not vendor specific. Thanks.

Moderator this thread could be deleted as I was not finding what I was looking for but was helped out by a fellow member.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I, for one, would be interested in your conclusion after you do your due diligence.

Thanks
    Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I have two and both have been flawless.

Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg

P938 Nightmare.jpg

I pocket carry them in a DeSantis.

Any specific questions you have?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

I bought a Kel-Tec P3-AT for a pocket BUG when they first came out. I had lots of limp-wrist type issues. I bought a Ruger LCP when they first came out and had lots of limp-wrist issues. Other people with smaller hands shot them with fewer issues than me, but they still had a few issues. My hands are too large to get a good grip on the micro-guns. I traded both of them in on a Sig P238. It had much less felt recoil, was accurate, and I had several hundred flawless rounds through it, so I bought another one. I carried one of them as a BUG for over three years with no issues.

I decided to upgrade to a more potent caliber than the .380 AP. I was looking for a Sig P938 when I found a Springfield XDs-45 at a LGS. I had around 500 flawless rounds through it when they recalled all of the XDs series. I found a Sig P938 Rosewood at a LGS and bought it. I currently have around three hundred flawless rounds through it. It is much easier to pocket conceal carry than the XDs-45, is much more pleasant to shoot, and I am more accurate with it. The only plus for the XDs-45 is it holds five plus one rounds of .45 ACP in a pocket gun.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Mine replaced an LCP. Scratchy trigger, but that's the only thing semi-bad I can say about it. They aren't exactly made for head shots at 30 yds.
    I've replaced a few DA semi-autos over the past year with single actions. I like the shorter trigger pull and having a safety.

I find the 7 round mag makes for a much more comfortable grip than the 6 round mag.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I'm looking for a small "pocket" size pistol and the CM9 is on my list. Just curious why you are replacing yours? I will have to look closer at the P938 as I noticed one in the LGS last week.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I'm looking for a small "pocket" size pistol and the CM9 is on my list. Just curious why you are replacing yours? I will have to look closer at the P938 as I noticed one in the LGS last week.
    I haven't had any issues with it, I just don't like the long trigger pull or the sights and I can't hit anything with it. I also don't like the magazines as they look unfinished in the way they stick out the bottom of the grip. And the back edge is not comfortable if you wrap you pinky finger around. My original interest when I got my CC was the SIG 238, but I wanted a 9mm. At the time, the 938 was not yet released and didn't know of it or I would have waited.

I have been thinking about it for some time but the CM9 has been filling the need. It's one of those things where you just don't like something that well but it's not really a priority. So you just live with it until you commit to changing it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I haven't had any issues with it, I just don't like the long trigger pull or the sights and I can't hit anything with it. I also don't like the magazines as they look unfinished in the way they stick out the bottom of the grip. And the back edge is not comfortable if you wrap you pinky finger around. My original interest when I got my CC was the SIG 238, but I wanted a 9mm. At the time, the 938 was not yet released and didn't know of it or I would have waited.

I have been thinking about it for some time but the CM9 has been filling the need. It's one of those things where you just don't like something that well but it's not really a priority. So you just live with it until you commit to changing it.
    I understand what you mean. I'm looking for a small 9mm to compliment my Glock 27 and Glock 30. I'm considering the CM9 or PM9, the Beretta Nano, or the Sig 938.

I also might consider a trying a good quality hybrid holster and use the money I save to buy more ammo!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I understand what you mean. I'm looking for a small 9mm to compliment my Glock 27 and Glock 30. I'm considering the CM9 or PM9, the Beretta Nano, or the Sig 938.

I also might consider a trying a good quality hybrid holster and use the money I save to buy more ammo!
    Get a shield or a nanometer. I had a cm9 and loved it until I got something else. The cm9 was very snappy and turned in my hands when shooting. I wasn't accurate past 7 to 10 yds max. My shield is awesome. I can hit the target at 25 yds and hit head shots at ten if I do my part....

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links