follow up: EDC for women

This is a discussion on follow up: EDC for women within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to thank everybody for their helpful responses to my post a few weeks ago. I finally choose my second edc option....Ruger SR9C. My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: follow up: EDC for women

I wanted to thank everybody for their helpful responses to my post a few weeks ago. I finally choose my second edc option....Ruger SR9C. My first was the LCR,i was hoping to add a different brand to my "collection",but in the end this model provided what i wanted...and what i can afford.

I purchased it yesterday from my local shop.After getting all the factory guck off of it,it handles beautifully! No misfires,jams,etc.
    The most stressful aspect was dealing with the guys at various shops....some less friendlier than others.

Despite its appearance,it actually does have then stainless steel slide and not alloy,Supposedly it was dipped in a protective coating? I hope i wasn't played,as i have never heard of this option from ruger regarding the SR9C...any info y'all may have is appreciated!.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381005383.455129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

Good choice. I have about 800+ thru my sr9c without one problem. Good EDC pistol. Congrats!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhmachine View Post
    Good choice. I have about 800+ thru my sr9c without one problem. Good EDC pistol. Congrats!

What holsters do you prefer?

gatorbait51 likes this.

so far as i know, only Hi Point currently makes pistol slides from alloy (a zinc alloy, i believe).

your Ruger's slide is certainly steel, and probably stainless steel. several companies are using blackened stainless steel for their pistols' slides these days. if you really want to check, see if a magnet will stick to it. if the slide is aluminum alloy, it won't.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Congratulations , I hope it serves you well and you never need it
    TheBoss_512 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss_512 View Post

If you like leather, try Soteria Leather. She makes them individually and I like them for my 1911 and for the XDS as well. Just bought a LH for Oldest girl's Chief special . So, check her out if you like .

I use the Sheppard leather conceal mini. Got it off Amazon. Hardly ever notice it.

gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    so far as i know, only Hi Point currently makes pistol slides from alloy (a zinc alloy, i believe).

your Ruger's slide is certainly steel, and probably stainless steel. several companies are using blackened stainless steel for their pistols' slides these days. if you really want to check, see if a magnet will stick to it. if the slide is aluminum alloy, it won't.
    heres what models ruger says the offerImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007366.516658.jpg

gatorbait51 likes this.

Looks like the DLC version.

gatorbait51 likes this.

congrats.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member
    Nice gun and congrats! And we didn't have to get on ya about posting up a pic, well done.

Check out SHTF for IWB holsters, they are a site sponsor. Also Galco, Crossbreed, Alien, White Hat, etc...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Good choice .
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun. Not much experience with Rutger semi auto's, but my oldest carrys/owns several and swears by them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice choice, love my SR9c. Wish it was a bit smaller though so my wife would have taken for her EDC so I could have moved up to the SR40c...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss_512 View Post

As far as holsters go I love my Little Foxx IWB holster, been wearing it daily for 5 - 6 months now and still love it (with a proper belt, 5.11 Trainer I believe). Just got a clipless Remora that seems good for grab and go, especially without a belt.
    TheBoss_512 likes this.

The SR9c is a great weapon. You could probably have spent a lot more money but JMO I dont think you could find a better or more reliable firearm. My friend has one that I carried for quite a while as a loner and she wanted me to shoot the heck out out of it " to make sure she could count on it".

Poured all different kinds of ammo thru it except steel case ammo. Ate everything, accurate easy to cc. Cant really ask for more than that.

I could not find a C when I got my wifes last edc choice. She leans toward a full size pistol so she has the SR9. I hope to find a Sr9c soon for her though she may not give up the SR9. Believe me if I wasnt sold on the guns after putting two now thru their paces with no hiccups my wife would not be betting her life on one.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links