Picked up a Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on Picked up a Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a lot of deliberating back and forth in my head, I decided to go ahead and give a Kahr CM9 a try. I almost ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Picked up a Kahr CM9

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

Picked up a Kahr CM9

After a lot of deliberating back and forth in my head, I decided to go ahead and give a Kahr CM9 a try. I almost went with a Sig 938 but I don't like the safety. I found it too hard to sweep off with my thumb and the Kahr was quite a bit cheaper to boot. I'm off this coming week so I should have it broken in pretty soon. Here is a quick picture.

sonnycrocket and bigmacque like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

2. Remove Ads

You'll like it!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Ron
    love mine. reliable, accurate and easy to carry. i use a Panther OWB Keydex holster. Holds the gun very tight to the side. It has become my EDC.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

mine has been 100% reliable. It's my carry piece when I have to dress up....in the pocket or on the ankle.

VIP Member
    Congrats and enjoy!

Cool beans!
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

You'll save yourself some bucks if you do your own breakin suggested by Kahr by racking the slide about 500 times. I hear over and over and over folks that complain that Kahrs are not reliable and they have problems the first trip to the range. The CM9 is a tight little beast, and once it loosens up, its a gem of a carry gun. I do the "at-home" break in on all my Kahrs, and have
    yet to have a live fire malfunction.

My CW9 and CM9. Up close and personal self defense tools.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Save yourself jerkjng off the poor Kahr 500 times or 1000 times, but just store your CM9 in a slide locked position will speed up the break in process.
    Hodad likes this.

Tundra, I hope you find it very reliable. No doubt it'll be one of the most accurate "mouse" guns you've ever fired (unless you've got amazon mitts). Consider the pinkie-extension floor plates, which can improve ease of controlling the gun without appreciable impact on concealment.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Save yourself jerkjng off the poor Kahr 500 times or 1000 times, but just store your CM9 in a slide locked position will speed up the break in process.
    racking the slide asssimilates live fire without the ammo. Kahrs are built to very tight tolerances and pretty sure the only thing locking the slide back for a while will do is maybe help loosen up the recoil springs.....but you'd have to lock it back for about six months to have any effect.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'll have my own CM9 in a couple weeks. Two more layaway payments !! Oh boy!!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    You'll save yourself some bucks if you do your own breakin suggested by Kahr by racking the slide about 500 times. I hear over and over and over folks that complain that Kahrs are not reliable and they have problems the first trip to the range. The CM9 is a tight little beast, and once it loosens up, its a gem of a carry gun. I do the "at-home" break in on all my Kahrs, and have
    yet to have a live fire malfunction.

My CW9 and CM9. Up close and personal self defense tools.

Thanks for the tip. The pistol I purchased was the display model and the slide has already been racked a few times I'm sure. Think I may finish working that slide out today while watching a little football. I have already field stripped the pistol, cleaned and lubed it according to the procedures over on kahr(talk.com) and reassembled it. The only issue I had was getting the slide stop pin out. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it and getting it broken in.
    voodoo304 and CJ_mp40c like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    great CCW,I am a fan of all things Kahr

I too just purchased my first Kahr a week ago and chose the CW9.
    It's already chewed through a few hundred rounds without any issues.
    Great purchase, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    racking the slide asssimilates live fire without the ammo. Kahrs are built to very tight tolerances and pretty sure the only thing locking the slide back for a while will do is maybe help loosen up the recoil springs.....but you'd have to lock it back for about six months to have any effect.
    The point is to loosen up the RSA ... what I am saying is that, nope, I didn't have to jerk the poor thing off 1000 of times to loosen it up.... , not with my PM9, CM9, nor CW9.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links