What's best about Glocks...

This is a discussion on What's best about Glocks... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find the best thing about Glocks is I can own multiple ones and as long as I don't leave more than one out at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's best about Glocks...

Lightbulb What's best about Glocks...

I find the best thing about Glocks is I can own multiple ones and as long as I don't leave more than one out at any given time, my wife thinks they're all the same gun. No more "So you bought another gun" or "Why do you need another gun". To her, they all look the same. Just hope she doesn't look into my pistol cabinet.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    ROFLMAO I do love a man with a system . Good thinking .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

SlimJim, that might actually be the BEST thing about Glocks when everything is considered :-))

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    In my best Sean Connery voice:

"Ah, we meet again, Trebek!"

excellent reason to own plastic....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

unfortunately my wife owns a glock too...so she can tell them apart...
    hehheh

A very good reason they work and keep working. Simple to use . Pull and shoot.The finish does not rust.

LOL, I own more than one Springfield XD and my better half can't spot the difference either. She hasn't caught on to the fact that it's more than one pistol, so I don't have to hear any complaints either.

That is so true. I own a couple of XD's and my last one I was like "what are you talking about, it's the same one I've always had". The purchase of my next 1911 will be done the same way. Although I plan on purchasing the EMP which is bi-tone, and my current one is all stainless. Mmmm...how could I pull that one off?
    Springfield EMP
    XD 40 SC
    Para Slim Hawg
    Rossi .38
    AK-47 Bulgarian SSR 85C 2
    AK-47 Hungarian AMD 63

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by mbj0186 View Post
    That is so true. I own a couple of XD's and my last one I was like "what are you talking about, it's the same one I've always had". The purchase of my next 1911 will be done the same way. Although I plan on purchasing the EMP which is bi-tone, and my current one is all stainless. Mmmm...how could I pull that one off?
    Simple - sent the stainless of to be refinished to match the EMP!

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    In my best Sean Connery voice:

"Ah, we meet again, Trebek!"

excellent reason to own plastic....
    hahahahahahahahaha

Several Reasons...

Price is reasonable...light...easy to conceal (G-36)...EASY to clean (no paper clips like my Kimber) actually, I can take it apart behind my back, try that with a Kimber!...always throws lead...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Best thing about a Glock. Try over 750,000 rounds through one personally owned pistol (Chuck Taylor of ASAA) with out a hickup. Now tell me of ANY other weapon made by anybody that can or has done that. I love my 1911 but if its gotta go bang and bang forever go Glock.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I like Glocks but let's be real...

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    but if its gotta go bang and bang forever go Glock.
    I strongly disagree. This may mislead a newbie or someone to believe that semi-auto handguns never fail. Go with a revolver, if it has "gotta go bang and bang forever". They are more reliable than the semi-autos I have seen, and yes, more reliable than Glock, in most people's daily lives (i.e. not throwing in mud or out of a plane).

One guy, Chuck Taylor, and his miracle gun, doesn't overpower the fact that we all live in the real world. I have seen a number of guns jam on the range, and yes even a Glock. Limpwristing will make many semi-autos jam and there are reports on the net of this happening with Glock.

In fact, here is an instance when someone's Glock didn't do it's job, which is fire when the trigger is pulled.

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/...s_A_Female_Cop

Glock's aren't the end all, be all, people think they are. They are good guns, though. My S&W M&P is a good gun. Good guns malfunction, though, and are just as subject to error as anything else. Bullets could be the issue, too. A great revolver overcomes this.

I love my M&P, but at night next to me is a .357 mag SS revolver. In the middle of night, who would have time to clearly think about anything like clearing a jam? When your Glock doesn't fire in a home invasion, I just have to keep pulling the trigger.

Three of the best things about Glock are the amount of aftermarket parts/support, the simplicity, and the ability to buy one gun and use it for multiple platforms (9mm, .40, etc.).

This in no way is an insult, but I wouldn't want a newbie to go buy a Glock thinking that it will "go bang and go bang forever" no matter what the circumstance.

By the way for all those newbies, Glock's tennifer finish is not as hard as my M&P's and Glocks can't shoot lead out of the box.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Administrator
    They work, they come out of box ugly, you carry/shoot it for years and years and its still as ugly as the day it was new. Try that with 1911. They start out pretty, and end up ugly.

Glocks are like a junk yard dog, the more they get beat up, the more they look like they are supposed to.

*** disclaimer*** I love both my Glocks and my 1911's, please do not try to convince me of which one is better. The answer is; It just depends.

I own more Glocks then any other name brand. I enjoy all my guns but I always go for a Glock to carry. The three I own always go bang unconditionaly. Yes they are ugly, yes they are in-expensive and yes you can drag them through the sand, drench them in salt water and let them dry in the sun and they will still go bang without a cleaning.

Please do not knock them until you tried them. So many people shoot a Glock once don't like them and talk bad about them. I was one of them a year ago. I could not stand my friends Glock. It did not feel right, it was ugly. I had my Kimber 1911 and thought what could be better then this. Just out of fairness I bought my first G23 and gave it a fair chance. Now my 1911's sit in the safe and my G,23,19 or 27 are in my holster. I am not saying they are better then a 1911 but for me they carry better because they are flatter and smoother then a 1911, they do not collect lint like a 1911 does, You do not have to clean them every couple hundred rounds, I do but you don't have to and they go bang every time. As far as the external safety thing goes well, I was trained to keep the finger off the trigger I know a lot of people say accidents happen and they do but they happen with safeties also. It is all in the training.
    My 2 cents.

Happy Holidays everybody.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links