Sold my LCP & LCR. Now what?

This is a discussion on Sold my LCP & LCR. Now what? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It was a long thought out decision but I sold the two smallest guns in my handgun arsenal last week. I was never too fond ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Sold my LCP & LCR. Now what?

It was a long thought out decision but I sold the two smallest guns in my handgun arsenal last week. I was never too fond of snubby revolvers and my LCR was sitting in my safe more often than not. It's a pretty joyless range gun. For my attire it bugles through my front pocket like I was excited to see you. Also I hated my LCP for the longest time. So with a money crunch lately, I decided to get rid of both of them and free some dough up.

I'll be fine for the winter and spring but come summer next year, while in dress clothes for work where my LCP used to ride in my pocket, I now have no meaningful replacement for it. And like any good gun addict, I think I created this problem solely as an excuse to buy something else down the road :)

So here are my thoughts.

1) My smallest gun right now is my G26. Light and pocketable it is not! I have a pocket holster on the way for it but I doubt it will work very well. And then I have the sneaky Pete holster. If I can get past the embarrassment of using it, it may be my summer answer for my 26.

2) Next thought was a smaller pistol in 9mm (I loathe .380). Kahr CM9. Sccy CPX-2. Give the Shield another chance. I also shot a Nano lately and really liked it. All almost too big to pocket carry but still better than the 26. Plus, I have confidence in low cap 9mm for a last-ditch/deep concealment/BUG gun.

3) Then there's the thought about getting a go anywhere, on my person 24/7 gun like the NAA derringer in .22 mag. Light. Fits in any pocket. Hard hitting round for what it is. Always with me.

4) Or eat humble pie and grovel back to the .380 auto but in a package better than the LCP. Thinking Pico, whenever Beretta decides to put those on sale. Or even the (gasp) Taurus TCP. I've heard a lot of good about that one gun.

I know I'll get my share of flak for this thread but would like to solicit feedback from people who are utilizing one of my options above. How is it working for you and what do you recommend?
    Bad Bob likes this.

If flak really worries you get a FLAK VEST.
    oneshot likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sorry...couldn't hep maself.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I have a Sig P938 in 9mm and a Springfield Armory XDs-45 in .45 ACP for pocket BUGS.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Sorry...couldn't hep maself.
    I don't think you tried very hard....

I would warn against getting a Pico until they have been out for at least a year and have been thoroughly tested.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would warn against getting a Pico until they have been out for at least a year and have been thoroughly tested.
    Was thinking that. It has a lot of great features. I shot the Nano rental really well and I'm leaning heavily that way right now. That or wait to see what a Glock has in store at next year's SHOT show. There are rumors...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Was thinking that. It has a lot of great features. I shot the Nano rental really well and I'm leaning heavily that way right now. That or wait to see what a Glock has in store at next year's SHOT show. There are rumors...
    There are ALWAYS rumors...

For a belly gun, I actually didn't hate the Nano. If I felt the need and immediate urge, I think it would be a decent choice.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Sig 290RS or P938?

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I carry a PPK on occasions. Mostly as a BU boot or pocket gun while on a motorcycle. Still trying to grow some confidence in the Kimber Solo. It the Solo continues to function as it has recently (550 rounds, no malfunctions), I will migrate to it from the PPK. The size of the 2 guns are the same, I just feel better with a 9mm over the 380.

Yeah, I know it's a Kimber. I'll take my share of the flak too...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Chris, I think you are making to much of this. I really believe that you can make the G26 work for you. IMO a super tuck would work well. I am not saying dress around the gun, just use what is available for the gun you have now. Just my .02
    DetChris and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Chris, I think you are making to much of this. I really believe that you can make the G26 work for you. IMO a super tuck would work well. I am not saying dress around the gun, just use what is available for the gun you have now. Just my .02
    I agree. Let go of the notion of the G26 as a pocket gun and it'll disappear in a good holster. Work on a better way to carry it - it's worth it, especially over a mouse gun.

BTW, there's nothing sneaky about a G26 in a Sneaky Pete holster. It looks like a gun in a CD case.

'Just saying... Don't hate the messenger.
    DetChris and gottabkiddin like this.

I think the CM9 is probably a good choice. I really don't see a G26 as a pocket gun. Its every bit as thick as a 19 or a 17 and the weight would be pretty uncomfortable.

That being said, a Crossbreed or similar hybrid holster is an excellent option.

Please note: my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.
    DetChris and Kilowatt3 like this.

Yeah you did it to buy something else :) have used that excuse in the past myself. I always try to find a way to justify to myself the next gun purchase when in reality I. Am a sucker for the latest wonder gun. I am sure I will grab a Pico just to check it out. But I always go back to my snubs just have never found anything I trust or shoot as well.
    WHEC724 and DetChris like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Yeah you did it to buy something else :) have used that excuse in the past myself. I always try to find a way to justify to myself the next gun purchase when in reality I. Am a sucker for the latest wonder gun. I am sure I will grab a Pico just to check it out. But I always go back to my snubs just have never found anything I trust or shoot as well.
    I think I've finally worked past that stage. At least I'm finally over the wonder-nines, but not without spinning my wheels and dough in the process.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links