G29 options...

G29 options...

This is a discussion on G29 options... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may be a stupid question with an obvious answer, so bear with me.... I have 4 GLOCKs and am eyeballing a G29..... One of ...

Thread: G29 options...

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar

G29 options...

This may be a stupid question with an obvious answer, so bear with me....

I have 4 GLOCKs and am eyeballing a G29.....
    One of my GLOCKs is it's twin, the G30....
    My question is this, how many different calibers can I convert the G29 to with bbl and mag changes? I know that I can go with 40 and 357 sig, right? What about 45 acp? If this is possible, I may have an all purpose gun.... If the same is true, could I not simply do the same with the G30? Someone help , this is killing me.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

40 357 sig and maybe a 9 from fire dragon
    no go on the 45 as breechface is to small

check http://efkfiredragon.com/ for barrels.

I have a Glock 29 10mm with a 357Sig BBL. I also found a 40 S&W BBL that drops right in. BOTH the 357 Sig and 40 S&W BBLs drop in without fitting and I utilize my G29 Mags for all calibers.. I found I have NO feeding troubles with all 3 cartridges in the G29 Mags...I don't believe you can utilize the 45ACP with the 10MM gun, due to extractor, bolt face and ejector issues. (the bolt face is a totally different dimention, and the 40/357/10 mm rim dia is different from the 45 ACP.. therefore.. off-center strikes from your firring pin in the G29..I've addressed this with many customers at the Store, who believe they can switch the Sig 226 in 9mm to a 357/40 cal, without changing slides. It's just not possible, due to the Bolt face dimentions ( I work at Sig, and know it's not possible, without changing slides/bbls. etc).. If you can find a G30 slide and BBL.(maybe on E Bay) you can then transpose it onto the G29 Frame..making it a versital gun..
    Hope this helps you out...
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Roger that guys, I am curious regarding the 9mm for plinking now....
    I had assumed that the magwell wouldnt be compatible with the 9mm mags, I'll do some further research....
    I will probably just stick with the G30 for 45 as it's a hard one to beat...
    Bud, thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out!
    Class3, I must say that I am slightly envious of your job....
    I'd have a hard time taking home a decent paycheck if I worked at Sig, how about those current Revolutions? Got all the kinks worked out? Gawd, I love Sigs!
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Just think. Walking to the break room, peering into caged areas that house SG552s, SG3000 series snipers, and about 65K sigs of various flavors LOL..............not to mention the differnt stages of assembly, and manufacturing in the plant..............They're still working out the bugs in the revo's..............The 556 rifles are coming VERY soon...........yep......the auctions in house, and the near cost employeee sales are enouth to drive you nuts..................they only let you make 4 purchases per year in order to keep you from going broke..........The Custom Shop does some fantastic work........and the range is only a short distance from my shop...........(within about 100 feet) LOl.............
    I also work at this place---> WWW.KTP.Com part time, so I get to fondle all you'd ever want in the gun industry LOl......
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links