Anyone know about or have a px4 storm?

This is a discussion on Anyone know about or have a px4 storm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been intrigued by the px4 storm for a while now. I've been saving up for another gun and was thinking about getting a new ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Anyone know about or have a px4 storm?

Anyone know about or have a px4 storm?

I've been intrigued by the px4 storm for a while now. I've been saving up for another gun and was thinking about getting a new gun or ammo. What do you guys think about the px4 storm by beretta and is it a good buy or just a waste of money?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Which PX4 are you considering? I have a PX4 Compact. The Full-Size, and the Compact both have the rotating barrel, while the Sub-Compact model does not. My Compact is very accurate, low recoil, consistent shooting and conceals very well. It is, in fact, one of my EDC guns.

Berettas are very relaible, and I have had no FTE, or really any FT anything. The only issue with the Storms is the slide mounted safety. If that is something you like, then there is no reason to shy away from the PX4 Storm line of pistols.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have 2 fullsize PX4, 9mm. The older one has thousands of reliable rounds through it being used for IDPA, USPSA. As High Pockets pointed out, if you are, or can get, comfortable with the frame mounted safety they are a great gun. Also keep in mind they are a DA/SA so getting use to the DA first trigger pull is important too. I am completely comfortable and accurate with the first DA trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    I've been intrigued by the px4 storm for a while now. I've been saving up for another gun and was thinking about getting a new gun or ammo. What do you guys think about the px4 storm by beretta and is it a good buy or just a waste of money?
    Definitely not a waste of money. It doesn't seem to get a lot of advertisement fanfare and, in fact seems to be a bit of a well kept secret to me.

If you are OK with DA/SA, a double action first shot transitioning to subsequent single action shots, (some people aren't), you could do worse than the PX4 Storm. Both mine are dead nuts reliable and sweet to shoot. The Compact model carries and conceals easily enough.
    Attached Images
    gatorbait51 likes this.

My EDC is a px4 storm 9mm subcompact. flawless operation through 600 rounds, good capacity at 10+1, accurate and easy to shoot. the subcompact has the regular tilting barrel locked breech design, but recoil is not bad at all. the loooong DA first trigger pull takes some practice but the followup SA pulls are very short and crisp. The type F has the safety/decocking lever, which i basically like for safety reasons but hate because it is sharp and protrudes, making racking the slide a somewhat dicey procedure. it is nice to be able to chamber a round in totally safe mode, then holster, flip the safety up (off) and put the hammer at the half cock notch for additional safety. people complain that the grip is bulky for concealment, but the more i have lived with it the more i think it is really rather slim for a double stack pistol. especially when i switch back to it after toting my XDm 45 around for a day or two. i would highly recommend it.
    wmhawth and gatorbait51 like this.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Distinguished Member
    I have been considering one of these for my oldest girl once she gets comfortable with shooting a sidearm. Now she has a S&W chief special and a model 65 3" . I am thinking that in Atlanta she might want or need something semi auto . I was thinking seriously about the PX4 subcompact for her.
    Aceoky, Easy8 and denclaste like this.

I have a full size PX4 .40. I love it! Very accurate, and fits my hand and for a full size gun it is not bad to carry (on occasion). Mine was originally a Type F but I installed the low profile decocker and converted it to a Type G. The original slide mounted safety was tough on the hands.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Ive had 2. Currently carry a full size 9mm. This has got to be one of my favorite handguns, hands down. Never had a single issue with either one. Dead nuts accurate right out of the box. I highly recommend the px4 to anybody considering it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Gaitorbait, her revolver is a great weapon if she wants to go to a semi I would take her to a range an let her try the storm an a shield. The shield I have
    I just ignore the safety to small to use in a tense situation. Its a sweet shooter an much easier to rack the slide. Very slim easy to cc. That said my wife is 67 an weighs about 115 she loves her 642 ladysmith. I had a sweet action job done on it an really important I had the trigger polished to a mirror finish an rounded. It made it a joy to shoot. I got her some non +p buffalo bore 158 gr LSWHP low recoil low flash an she just wont shoot anything else image.jpg
    gatorbait51 and blau1976 like this.

I have the full size 9mm with easily 3k rounds through it. I've had exactly zero problems even shooting cheap ammo and not cleaning after every shooting. I carry my G27 everyday but my px4 stands duty at home. You'll be happy with it if the safety isn't a problem for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Alright guys. I'm bought. What do you recommend I use for lube? Grease or oil? I have a lot of 40 ammo so I think I will stick with that caliber
    gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Gaitorbait, her revolver is a great weapon if she wants to go to a semi I would take her to a range an let her try the storm an a shield. The shield I have
    I just ignore the safety to small to use in a tense situation. Its a sweet shooter an much easier to rack the slide. Very slim easy to cc. That said my wife is 67 an weighs about 115 she loves her 642 ladysmith. I had a sweet action job done on it an really important I had the trigger polished to a mirror finish an rounded. It made it a joy to shoot. I got her some non +p buffalo bore 158 gr LSWHP low recoil low flash an she just wont shoot anything else image.jpg
    When she returns from Germany , we'll go back to the range and let her fire her revolvers and the shield and PX4 . I will let her decide exactly what she wants .Got the revolvers because she is not exactly able to train as well as she'd like due to her job eating her life until April 15th .
    Easy8 likes this.

My biddy has a Px4, loves it. I have shot it a bunch of times. The grip isnt exactly what I would like, but I really dont think you can go wrong here. I think he got it for just over 500 bucks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I just purchased a Compact in 9mm yesterday from Palmetto State Armory for $498, plus tax. It comes with two 15 round magazines, and I ordered a 20 round mag from Midway USA. I will be using Froglube, and plan on firing first rounds with it tomorrow sometime.

A lot of good things said in this thread, and just as many on Youtube, etc.

I love everything about this pistol! Perfect size for CC. It truly is an Italian Masterpiece!

As I said, an Italian Masterpiece!

131026-PX4_Storm_Compact-05.jpg

Soaking up some Froglube

131026-PX4_Storm_Compact-10.jpg
    wmhawth likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links