Glock Ghost trigger connector, opinions?

This is a discussion on Glock Ghost trigger connector, opinions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was curious IF anyone is using one in thier carry weapon? Home I was thinking about getting this one for my Gen4 23 & ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Glock Ghost trigger connector, opinions?

Question Glock Ghost trigger connector, opinions?

I was curious IF anyone is using one in thier carry weapon? Home I was thinking about getting this one for my Gen4 23 & 26 11 - 3.5 lb. ULTIMATE

1. I'm curious about what people think about swaping the stock part out & using the Ghost Connector in a carry weapon or does it really matter?

2. Will i notice a real difference in trigger pull & over travel?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Yes you will notice a difference. However, I recommend you stay with the stock connector for a self-defense or carry gun for two reasons:

1. If you are involved in an incident, the fact that you modified your firearm to create a lighter trigger can be used against you in court.
    2. Safety - Under the influence of adrenaline, the slightly heavier pull of the stock connector won't be noticed at all and it might prevent an unintentional "BANG". As a LEO back in the days when most of us carried revolvers, the DA trigger had a much longer and heavier pull than a stock Glock, but was not noticed at all when things got exciting. It certainly didn't prevent one of my fellow officers from putting two rounds in the upper chest of an armed robber that fired at him. Also, a friend had a Ghost installed in his G-19 by an armorer at a gun show. The next time he took it to the range, it fired two rounds with each pull of the trigger. I reinstalled the stock connector for him and things were back to normal. That is a rare, but not unheard of, consequence. Another friend has a Ghost connector in his competition gun and loves it, but will not have one in his EDC gun.

As a Glock Certified Armorer, the more experience I have, the more I like sticking with Glock parts. For example, I installed an after-market extended magazine release in a Glock and discovered it protruded so far that the pressure of the holster would sometimes release the magazine - not good. I removed it and installed a Glock extended magazine release which greatly facilitated an intentional magazine release, but has not caused an unintentional release. I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions out there, but this one is mine.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post
    Yes you will notice a difference. However, I recommend you stay with the stock connector for a self-defense or carry gun for two reasons:

1. If you are involved in an incident, the fact that you modified your firearm to create a lighter trigger can be used against you in court.
    2. Safety - Under the influence of adrenaline, the slightly heavier pull of the stock connector won't be noticed at all and it might prevent an unintentional "BANG". As a LEO back in the days when most of us carried revolvers, the DA trigger had a much longer and heavier pull than a stock Glock, but was not noticed at all when things got exciting. It certainly didn't prevent one of my fellow officers from putting two rounds in the upper chest of an armed robber that fired at him. Also, a friend had a Ghost installed in his G-19 by an armorer at a gun show. The next time he took it to the range, it fired two rounds with each pull of the trigger. I reinstalled the stock connector for him and things were back to normal. That is a rare, but not unheard of, consequence. Another friend has a Ghost connector in his competition gun and loves it, but will not have one in his EDC gun.

As a Glock Certified Armorer, the more experience I have, the more I like sticking with Glock parts. For example, I installed an after-market extended magazine release in a Glock and discovered it protruded so far that the pressure of the holster would sometimes release the magazine - not good. I removed it and installed a Glock extended magazine release which greatly facilitated an intentional magazine release, but has not caused an unintentional release. I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions out there, but this one is mine.
    #1 is not true ,lighter triggers do not defend any more or less than std triggers and a home invader is a home invader

I think the trigger bar is a slight improvement over the factory bar but far from a miracle trigger job
    mrwonderful and 40Bob like this.

No mods on my carry Glocks.
    DetChris and Richard58 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Yes I have a lighter trigger on my Glock Gen 2 G19. I have had no negligent discharges but nobody's been shooting at me either. I am however impressed by some one who can knowledgeably make their point with out being threatened by other opinions. Kudos Nutrodoc!

I have tried the ghost trigger connector on my Glocks but in all cases have returned to the stock connectors. To me the stock triggers just feel better.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

VIP Member
    The most noticeable difference I find with the Ghost connector is improved crispness at the point of trigger break. I see no difference in the amount of force required to press the trigger. The "improved" aftermarket springs offered on the same page caused my gun to become less reliable, and I would recommend avoiding them.
    My two primary edc guns have both been heavily modified, but I can reasonably articulate a valid rationale for every modification that has been made, both on an internet forum and, if necessary in a court of law.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    There have been a few threads debating over this. I put one in one of my glocks a while back. It does make a noticeable difference, not like a totally different trigger though - just a little lighter of a pull. Was it better? Ya, enough to drastically improve my shots or make it shoot a lot better? No, not that much that I noticed.

Is there a legality issue for a carry gun? That's quite debatable as you'll see in this thread I'm sure.

Ultimately I decided to not go with the ghost trigger bar. No legality issues to worry about and most important to me - I can pick up any of my glocks or anyone else's with a stock trigger and get the same trigger that I'm used to. Just put in the time and effort to learn the stock trigger and learn it well. I still have my ghost connector and may put it in a range gun some day in the future. But learning how to master the trigger pull with any stock trigger is WAY more valuable and important than any mods you can do. Just my $0.02.
    Fitch likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

If you were using a heavy DA trigger that caused you a lot of 'pulling' of your shots, or you are considering competition shooting, I would say go for it.

Otherwise I doubt a trigger job is going to be of any advantage to an EDC. The standard Glock triggers are light and smooth enough for defensive carry situations.

Sara Lou
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you can't figure out how to use a stock Glock trigger to great effect, there's nothing on the market that will help other than a lot of ammo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a ghost connector in my 17 and I like it.

It is not going to magically make you a better shooter if that is what you are looking for but I do like it.

My 19 has the stock trigger and I shoot it just as well.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post

2. Safety - :
    Disagree with both of these... Anyway it's pretty common for people in my circle of competitors to experiment with all the options and finally circle back to stock. I see more benefit from a light striker spring than anything else but just can't get them to ignite consistently enough to trust In competition. All my triggers are stock. I wouldn't worry about running a different connector in a carry gun but I don't think you'll get much out of it honestly.
    TY54712

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    nutrodoc Please tell me the difference in parts between a 34, 35 glock triggers and the rest. That is a trigger I can grow to like. personal I don't care for the connector only change. I had a g17 that had a ghost connector in it and it had a certain mushiness to t. returned to stock was better for me. Pull weight not so different and it was hard to feel the difference except for the odd mushy feeling.

I had a Ghost Ultimate in my 19 until Monday. I had only recently installed the connector. I noticed my double taps were faster than I liked unintentionally.Needless to say I returned it to stock. I threw it away.

I shoot my stock striggers just fine, heck i shoot my 23 as well as my 26 lol. I was just wondering if the connector would help in any way thats all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links