Considering a CZ 9mm

Considering a CZ 9mm

This is a discussion on Considering a CZ 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to get a home defense handgun that comes in 9mm or bigger caliber, has lower recoil and is comfortable to very small hands. ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Considering a CZ 9mm

Considering a CZ 9mm

I want to get a home defense handgun that comes in 9mm or bigger caliber, has lower recoil and is comfortable to very small hands.

I was thinking about the full size CZ75B. I would like to get an all steel handgun.

Can you please let me know the manufacturer model number? I am confused by all the models. I am looking for full size or bigger all steel (to make it heavy and lower recoil).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

see CZ-USA -> Hunting & Sporting Firearms and Accessories

The standard, basic CZ75B = sku #91102

I would suggest, however, looking at the CZ2075.

For all things CZ, visit www.czfirearms.us
    357and40 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member
    czfirearms.us Is a fantastic forum with all the info you could ever need or want on CZ's. I have a CZ P-01 (compact 75) and wouldn't trade it for anything. If I wasn't planning on carrying the gun I'd go for a CZ 75 with a safety instead of a decocker, but that's just me.

CZ's are fantastic pistols with the BEST ergo's I've ever handled outside of a 1911, good luck on your search and show us what you end up going with.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    If your dead set on a full size, then the CZ75B in 9mm will be what you want to look at, or the CZ85 B which has ambidextrous controls. Since you stated you have small hands and want a all steel gun, you might also want to look at the CZ75 Compact.

Now if the requirement is for an all metal gun (not necessarily steel) then look at the CZ75 P-01 (built in rail) or the CZ 75 PCR (non-railed).

Yeah, I know, I just muddied the water even more.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post

I would suggest, however, looking at the CZ2075.
    Why the CZ2075?

Archer - thank you for the reply. The reason for full size and steel (really metal) is to make the gun easier to shoot. I want a handgun everyone in the house can operate with reasonable ease, including older kids.

Miller - i am more of a double action revolver guy. Whats the use of a decocker?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A decocker allows you to lower the cocked hammer without the risk of doing so manually. Helps prevent slips and resulting ND.
    357and40 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    This is my attempt and best effort to describe the decocker, others may do a better job and correct anything I got wrong/left out .

After the slide is racked and the first round chambered, the decocker safely drops the hammer to a half cock position and the trigger to a longer+heavier double action trigger pull. This results in the firearm being able to be left in a ready to fire state, without having to disengage a safety, due to the longer/heavier trigger pull required on the first shot. All following shots will be in single action full cock postion.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    CZ's are great guns like the other posters have said. One other gun that you may want to check out is the full size Sig's they are fantastic guns that have near perfect ergonomics and are very "shootable"! I particularly like the new M-11 that is issued to some of our military units! Good luck and enjoy the search!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    Why the CZ2075?
    Smaller version of the CZ75, might be better for smaller hands. Definitely better for concealed carry. I have a CZ85B (I'm a lefty) and I feel the CZ75B/85B to be just a little too large for comfortable CC, especially compared to a P30 or PPQ.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    I want to get a home defense handgun that comes in 9mm or bigger caliber, has lower recoil and is comfortable to very small hands.
    Well, frankly, the CZ line is not really designed around very small hands.

Myself, I've got reasonably small hands, and I've loved the CZ P-01 and Compact D PCR models. To me, the 2075 RAMI is every bit the grip circumference of the larger pistols but with a shorter frame to grab onto. Whether the 75B or these other models will actually fit your "very" small hands will depend on you. Can't say.

Try them all, if you can find them.

Even if you buy one sight unseen, though, keep in mind the resale value of them is fairly strong. Particularly if you've got a NIB one that you simply want to "turn" once finding out it's a bit too big in the hand.

One of the best features about the CZ all-steel 75's is the hint of the Browning Hi-Power ergonomics. Not quite the same, but reminiscent of the BP HP. Well worth considering, just for that.

And, even if you find the grip circumference a tad large, you can go for roughly-checkered grip panels to tighten up the grip. BTDT, myself, with my somewhat smaller hands.

IMO, the 75B, P-01 or 75 D PCR Compact would be well worth considering. As would the P-09 or P-07, if you find the grip ergonomics work for you. Keep in mind that different models have either a manual thumb safety or a decocker, depending. ALL of the CZ's have large, easy to manipulate operating controls (slide stop/release, mag release, decocker, safety). In my experience having shot several different CZ's, including all-steel and alloy ones, as well as a polymer-framed 2075 RAMI P, none of them kick really hard. Unless you're heavily recoil sensitive, I wouldn't be too concerned about any of the CZ's feeling too snappy. Myself, I don't like mucho recoil either, but I've never felt the CZ's weren't fairly tame.

Good luck in the hunt. Be sure to post a review, here, once you've got one in the stable and have some experience shooting it on the range. You'll love it, presuming your hands fit it okay.
    AustinArmory likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The cz75 is a great gun, but don't the cz duty series pistols are equally fantastic, even thought hey are polymer. If you are deadest on a metal gun the cz75 can't be beat

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ccw9mm likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

image.jpgLove my CZ75 P01 really easy to cc great shooter, dead on accuracy out of the box, i thought the duty had a great feel when I held it at my lgs if I had not already bought the 01 it would have gone home with me
    Last edited by Easy8; October 26th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    If this is a pistol than anyone might pick up and deploy, I strongly recommend the P01. For HD, you can mount a light or laser. The PCR is similar but without the rail. The point is that these two options are a decocker model in a compact frame. DC is a simpler manual of arms than training with the safety of the original 75 compact or 75B.

If a full size fits your family (they can easily reach all functions), then get the 75BD or SP01 Tactical. These are decocker models. However, I would think the compact models would fit most smaller hands better.

My avatar is my 75 compact in satin nickel finish. I cc IWB in a Sideguard holster.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links