My first Gen 4 Glock

My first Gen 4 Glock

This is a discussion on My first Gen 4 Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been meaning to purchase another Glock 19 after having my favorite piece confiscated by local PD after I broke my left wrist back in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My first Gen 4 Glock

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

My first Gen 4 Glock

I've been meaning to purchase another Glock 19 after having my favorite piece confiscated by local PD after I broke my left wrist back in April and had to be taken to the ER via ambulance. It was like having a part of me removed but luckily it was returned to me about a week later. Last Wednesday I went to my LGS and was going to buy another Gen 3 Glock 19, but the gun shop clerk let me get a feel for the Gen 4 version. I quickly fell in love with the feel of it with the new texture on the grip and had heard both good and bad things about the Gen 4 Glock pistols. I decided to take a gamble and try the Gen 4 since it was something newer than what I was used to, plus it felt great in hand.

Today I took it to the range and fired 100 flawless rounds and it only made me fall in love with the Gen 4 Glock 19 even more. I'm still not getting rid of my old Gen 3 G19 that helped me obtain my CCW permit back in 2007. Its not always easy to hold when I have sweaty hands but I don't think that'll be a problem with the newer Gen 4. I also like the bigger magazine release. The Glock 19 remains my all time favorite!

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I got to shoot a Gen 4 Glock 23 against my Gen 3 today. I was impressed with how it felt, and the recoil felt less with the duel recoil spring of the Gen 4s.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Nice! Your a very lucky man!
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

A G19's hard not to like. Runs like a top, disappears on the hip. If they'd only zap the ergonomics a bit (to, say, BP Hi-Power curves).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

SubNine, I am wondering if your Gen4 came with the "beavertail" grips? I bought mine in Dec. 2012 and it has only the standard replacement grip panels.

Also, I notice yours has USA stamped into the slide. Wonder when they started doing that? My Gen4 19 still has Austria on it.

Anyway, enjoy your new pistol! I love mine. Seems like the perfect carry gun.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Congrats on your new Gen 4 G19 I'm loving mine also.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3 View Post
    SubNine, I am wondering if your Gen4 came with the "beavertail" grips? I bought mine in Dec. 2012 and it has only the standard replacement grip panels.

Also, I notice yours has USA stamped into the slide. Wonder when they started doing that? My Gen4 19 still has Austria on it.

Anyway, enjoy your new pistol! I love mine. Seems like the perfect carry gun.
    Yes mine came with the beavertail grips and the spent shell casings that were included with the gun are dated 09/25/2013 so this gun is just over a month in existence. I can only guess Glock started producing USA made handguns in Smyrna Georgia earlier this year. It might be due some firearm importation laws, but I'm not entirely sure.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new G19. It is probably the next Glock on my radar! I really like my Gen 4's. I have a 17, a 27, and a 30. They have all been reliable and accurate.....pretty much typical Glock! I bought the G30 in April. The test fire date was in March and it still has Austria on the slide.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Congrats on another 19!

Mine was born in July of this year and still sports Austria on the slide....

Made in the USA glocks are still rare and look different then the Austrian ones due to the fact that the coating that the Austrians use can not be used in the US as it a bit toxic . But my understanding is that the USA glocks are made for export only for countries that dont have agreements with Austria , I belive the Philippines is big market. That said I read that number enter the USA due to the rising demand.

And yes the springs are different ( they have some problems since fixes with them to start) . I know the 40 glocks is nicer now.
    Glock USA Now Exporting Pistols - The Firearm Blog

Oh and nice glock

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Made in the USA glocks are still rare and look different then the Austrian ones due to the fact that the coating that the Austrians use can not be used in the US as it a bit toxic . But my understanding is that the USA glocks are made for export only for countries that dont have agreements with Austria , I belive the Philippians is big market. That said I read that number enter the USA due to the rising demand.

And yes the springs are different ( they have some problems since fixes with them to start) . I know the 40 glocks is nicer now.
    Glock USA Now Exporting Pistols - The Firearm Blog

Oh and nice glock
    Probably referring to the Philippines....

The Philipians are residents of Philipi and were the recipients of one of the Apostle Paul's epistles..... although they might also be a big market for Glocks, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Probably referring to the Philippines....

The Philipians are residents of Philipi and were the recipients of one of the Apostle Paul's epistles..... although they might also be a big market for Glocks, who knows?

Dude dont you know that the Philli were ghetto as heck , man them cats be armed all the time
    Glock1978 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Dude dont you know that the Philli were ghetto as heck , man them cats be armed all the time
    Wait....What?

congrats on the new Gen4 Glock
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

You just can't go wrong with a G19...especially a Gen4! Congrats!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links