Bersa slide finishes

This is a discussion on Bersa slide finishes within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read before that Bersa has had issues in the past with their blued finishes. Is that still the case? I'm planning on ordering a ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By JasonJ
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Bersa slide finishes

Bersa slide finishes

I've read before that Bersa has had issues in the past with their blued finishes. Is that still the case? I'm planning on ordering a BP9cc tomorrow but not sure what color/finish combo to get yet. I like the nickle finish with black frame the best but was thinking maybe the blued slide would be better for CC.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

2. Remove Ads

the BP9cc in blue is actually a tennifer finish similar to Glock's. The silver finish is electroless nickel. I have both the blue
    and nickel BP and I would flip a coin. The finish on the black BP is very nice, unlike the finish of some of the earlier "matte"
    Bersas I own.

DJC7 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

What zonker said.... As far as finish choices go I like all black guns for cc because I think they are less noticeable but I cc only so if anyone sees it color is the least of their worries. I would get the one that strikes your fancy and carry with confidence

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    DJC7 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Thanks guys. Zonker, curious how recently you got yours. The negative comments I saw about the finishes were generally made at least a year ago or older.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

I think i recall reading on bersachat that the VERY earliest BP9's may have had some finish issues.. which has always been the weakest point about the brand. But at least its a cosmetic thing.

IIRC, all of their finish issues have been resolved in the last year or so. Personally, I like the nickel finish, but the tennifer should hold up as well as any Glock does.. which we all know is VERY WELL.
    DJC7 likes this.

The Bersa's from 8 or 9 years ago had black finish issues, but much more recent ones don't seem to have any issues. I have a very old Thunder 9uc and the finish is not great, but it isn't damaging to the gun. It's not bad enough to warrant refinishing to me. It's kind of like my hammer in my tool box. It doesn't look new, it still works great, and the finish is of little concern to me. New BP9cc's should be no issue.
    DJC7 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Good info, guys. Thanks!
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

D2
    Are you putting custom grips on? If so see what grips go with the best finish...

D2
    I have a black thunder. :D
    Nickel is very good.
    I can't make the choice for you.
    Any Bersa that's new is a good choice, but like some things there's a bad one in a bunch somewhere.

Jeff Foxworthy said "rednecks like shiny things..."

Are you a redneck?

Quote Originally Posted by D2 View Post
    Are you putting custom grips on? If so see what grips go with the best finish...
    Quote Originally Posted by D2 View Post
    I have a black thunder. :D
    Nickel is very good.
    I can't make the choice for you.
    Any Bersa that's new is a good choice, but like some things there's a bad one in a bunch somewhere.

Jeff Foxworthy said "rednecks like shiny things..."

Are you a redneck?
    Not a redneck, but I did live in Missouri for about 3.5 years. Maybe that's why I'm leaning toward the nickle. lol I'm not planning on any custom grips but if I did eventually it'd probably be black anyways so it wouldn't stand out. (Unless of course I got the OD frame). Decisions, decisions!
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

If it's going into a raw, unlined, cow hide or horse hide holster, get the nickel; if it is going into a nylon holster, get the blue. Kydex? hmmm. Figure in 5 years' time you will have holsetered and un-holstered it 30,000 times. That can't be good for the slide finish.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Thanks guys. Zonker, curious how recently you got yours. The negative comments I saw about the finishes were generally made at least a year ago or older.
    the duotone in my pic above was one of the first 100 BP's to hit the U.S.. I got the matte black about a year ago.
    The nickel finish was ok, but not great, so i took some Mothers Mag polish and buffed it out. Looks great now, but has a rather pimpish shine to it.
    DJC7 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My Bersa in 40UC from 5 years ago had a splotchy slide...

It was a bit to chubby for comfortable CCW..... It was sold
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Links