Ruger LCR Grips

Ruger LCR Grips

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a new set of shoes for my Ruger LCR. It currently has the Hogue Tamer grips which just don't feel right to ...

Thread: Ruger LCR Grips

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Ruger LCR Grips

I'm looking for a new set of shoes for my Ruger LCR. It currently has the Hogue Tamer grips which just don't feel right to me. I'm currently seeing 4 different times of grips. Tamer, Hogue Boot, Crimson Trace Laser grips and the Eagle wood Secret Service grips. Are there anymore out there that I'm not seeing? I figured with the popularity of the LCR, that there would be more out there. I have both the LCR and a Smith 638, and the 638 just feels a whole lot better to me. I want to see if there is anything else out there before I think about parting with it.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I recently purchsed a LCR for the Mrs. and we both like the grips that came with it! I have shot "j" frames with the boot grips and I don't like them (no padding where the web of the hand meets the back strap). I'm not familiar with the others you mentioned. If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NC CWP, LEOSA Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I recently purchsed a LCR for the Mrs. and we both like the grips that came with it! I have shot "j" frames with the boot grips and I don't like them (no padding where the web of the hand meets the back strap). I'm not familiar with the others you mentioned. If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model. Good luck!
    For me it's the opposite. I get more felt recoil with the LCR over my J frame. I want to love the gun. Might break down and get the CT grips for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    ... If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model...
    Since 2009 is fairly new?
    Glock Certified Armorer

CSL
    Those are the only ones I am aware of. Others that have not liked the Tamer have recommended the CT grips with a Hogue Handall Jr. over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

For what it's worth I found the boot grip to be the best balance between concealablity and shootablilty.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links