Ruger LCR Grips

Ruger LCR Grips

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a new set of shoes for my Ruger LCR. It currently has the Hogue Tamer grips which just don't feel right to ...

Thread: Ruger LCR Grips

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Ruger LCR Grips

I'm looking for a new set of shoes for my Ruger LCR. It currently has the Hogue Tamer grips which just don't feel right to me. I'm currently seeing 4 different times of grips. Tamer, Hogue Boot, Crimson Trace Laser grips and the Eagle wood Secret Service grips. Are there anymore out there that I'm not seeing? I figured with the popularity of the LCR, that there would be more out there. I have both the LCR and a Smith 638, and the 638 just feels a whole lot better to me. I want to see if there is anything else out there before I think about parting with it.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I recently purchsed a LCR for the Mrs. and we both like the grips that came with it! I have shot "j" frames with the boot grips and I don't like them (no padding where the web of the hand meets the back strap). I'm not familiar with the others you mentioned. If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I recently purchsed a LCR for the Mrs. and we both like the grips that came with it! I have shot "j" frames with the boot grips and I don't like them (no padding where the web of the hand meets the back strap). I'm not familiar with the others you mentioned. If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model. Good luck!
    For me it's the opposite. I get more felt recoil with the LCR over my J frame. I want to love the gun. Might break down and get the CT grips for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    ... If you wait a while I'm sure there will be more models available due to the LCR being a fairly new model...
    Since 2009 is fairly new?
    Glock Certified Armorer

CSL
    Those are the only ones I am aware of. Others that have not liked the Tamer have recommended the CT grips with a Hogue Handall Jr. over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

For what it's worth I found the boot grip to be the best balance between concealablity and shootablilty.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links